nine

Juliette was trying so hard to hold her tears. Blaise was holding and embracing her the whole time. They didn't say anything, just sitting and watching the night sky. Her face turned to Blaise. He tried to smile. She could barely see his face. It was covered with wounds and blood even when he already wiped it.

"Blaise, please we need to go to the infirmary. You're hurt."

"I'm fine. It's just a scratch. Don't hold back, Julie. Let it all out."

And she did. She cried on his chest. She screamed. Her heart ached so bad. Her head fel heavy and dizzy. Blaise touched her cheeks softly. "I'm sorry, Julie. It's all my fault. If only i didn't push you to ask him out, you wouldn't get hurt." Even with blood covered his face, Juliette could still see tears streaming down his cheeks. He felt guilty even though it wasn't his fault.

"Hey, hey. It's not your fault. You didn't know. It was nobody's fault." Juliette pulled him into a hug. He hugged her tighter.

Juliette insisted that he should go to the infirmary to treat his wounds. He gave up. They went to the infirmary together. There, Juliette treated his wounds. Her heart sinked realizing how bad the injury was. Moments later, Pansy, Draco, and Blaise's girlfriend came to check his condition.

Juliette wanted to go back to the astronomy tower and be alone. At first Blaise insisted to accompany her, the Pansy and Draco did the same. But Juliette successfully convinced her friends that she really needed some time alone to clear her head. So they let her.

She walked toward the dark hallways. It wasn't cold but she shivered anyways.

Luckily, the astronomy tower was empty. It was only her alone there. She really needed time to be alone just by herself. Her heart still hurts. All those words were still echoing on her mind. She couldn't get it out from her head even if she wanted to. Finally, she cried again. She liked crying. It always solved everything. But at the same time, she hated it. Crying made her feel weak. And she didn't want to feel weak. Not at the moment.

She heard footsteps coming behind her. She looked back and find Tom standing there. She sighed and told him to go away, and that she wanted to be alone. But he begged to stay. She didn't have the energy to argue so she let him stay.

They were silent for a while. Juliette didn't have anything to say, and Tom didn't mind the quietness.

"I tried to do as you told me. I tried to gave him and my heart a chance because he was nice, or i thought so. " Juliette finally speak.

Tom shifted her gaze to her. "I'm sorry."

"No. Please don't apologize. You were just trying to help and i appreciate that."

"Were you starting to fall in love with him?" He asked.

She chuckled. "Not even close. But you know, i tried. I didn't want to hurt him. Look at how the tables have turned."

Tom wanted to embraced her, but would it be okay? Would she want that?

"It's just so fucking hurts to know that you've been fooled and toyed to be a fucking bet." She laughed even when her voice breaks. "A fucking bet. That is my worth."

"Hey!" His voice changed. It was dark all of the sudden, and serious. He stared at her eyes. Juliette couldn't look away too. "Fuck him. You're worth more than just a fucking bet, Juliette. He was a bastard, forget about it. You're worthy of someone far better than him. Don't ever let him get into your head. Don't let him ruin your life. You're worth it. You're worth to me."

His words made her cry again. She wanted to stop because her head hurts. But she couldn't. This was the very first time someone ever told her that she's worthy. She never thought she would hear those words from someone else, let alone Tom Riddle.

This time, Tom didn't think twice. He pulled her into his chest. She cried peacefully on his chest. He told her to let everything out. He told her that he would be there for her for as long as she wants. He wouldn't leave her alone. Not now, not ever.

Juliette was calm in an instant. She finally stopped crying. They talked for a while. He successfully made her laugh. Her laugh was his drug. And he was addicted by it.

"So, Tom, who is the lucky girl that will be your date tomorrow?" She asked.

Tom smiled. "Will you?"

"What?"

"Have you found one?"

She shook her head.

"Then, Juliette Terra, will you be my date for the graduation dance tomorrow?"

Only a few people knew her full name. And she never thought that Tom was one of the few people. She was surprised.

"You know my full name?"

He nodded. "I told you i like you. And i meant it."

Today was a crazy day for Juliette. So much had happened in a day. She was exhausted. And yet, she still had another surprise.

"So? Will you be my date?"

Juliette laughed nervously low. She was tired, but she certainly could gather her strength for one last answer. She nodded. "Yes, Tom Marvolo Riddle. I will be your date."

She went back to her bedroom after. Pansy was so worried that she asked a lot of questions. She loved her worried expression. She loved the fact that her best friend was worried for her. She told Pansy that she was fine. And it was the truth. She was still in pain. The word 'bet' was still haunting her mind. But she did feel fine. She felt better. All thanks to Tom. And Blaise, and Pansy, and Draco.

She stared at her silvery white dress for a while, imagining herself dancing in her mother's old dress tomorrow with Tom. She couldn't wait. For the dance, for the experience, and for her to tell everything about it to her mom and dad.

At last, she closed her eyes.