six

Monday came and the final tests week begins. Juliette decided to put aside all thoughts about Higgs and focus on her tests. She needed to passed all her tests. The first one was simple for Juliette. She already prepared for everything, so she wouldn't have to worry about the result. She'd do great.

After the first test was done, Juliette had lunch. Then she went straight to the library to join the study group with Harry, Ron, Pansy, Blaise, Draco, Astoria, and Hermione as the teacher. Hermione was the smartest among them followed by Draco and Juliette.

She met Higgs a couple of times. They talked about how the tests went, but none of them mentioned anything about feelings.

Juliette decided to follow Tom's advice. She would gave him and her heart a chance to fall in love. But she promised herself, if she didn't feel anything for him, she would tell him right away. She knew it would hurt him, but it would hurt him more if she was far too late to say and made him think that she was in love with him too.

Every night before bed, the four of them, Juliette, Pansy, Blaise, and Draco, went up to the astronomy tower to have a little chat about their day and their plans after graduation. It was fun. But it was also emotional. Graduation means goodbye, but in a good way. The four of them promised to continue their friendship even after they have graduated.

They talked about carrer path, family, home, and all the things that a grown up would talk about. They even joked about living together for the rest of their lives. Even when they grew old, grandchildren running around the house, they would still be living together. That was too good to be true, right? But deep in their hearts, they wanted it to be more than just a joke. They wanted it to be true.

The four of them weren't perfect. They weren't the definition of friendship goals or dream friendship. They argued a lot, sometimes even screamed into each other's faces. But in the end, they knew where home is and they would come back to each other. They would fight like enemies but in the end they die for each other.

In the beginning, it was only Juliette and Blaise. They were friends since the first year. They first met on the train and became friends instantly. Second year in, Juliette was assigned on a partner project with Pansy. She was scared of her at first. But then, she found the way into her heart, how to joke around with her. Pansy brought Draco and that's how they all met and become friends.

Even with their closeness, no one could beat Blaise's love for Juliette. He protected her like a brother would protect his little sister. She was his everything.

The next day came, and it went like the day before. Test, lunch, study, dinner, astronomy tower before bed. The routine went on and on for almost a week.

The night before the last test, Higgs asked to meet Juliette. He said he wanted to talk with her. Juliette was worried. What if he wanted to take a step forward to their relationship. She still wasn't ready for that. She wanted to reject him. But she came anyways.

"Don't worry, Juliette. I just wanted to see you. I miss you."

He could sense something was wrong with Juliette. He tried to reassure her. Made her comfortable.

"I miss talking to you too." Juliette didn't know if i miss you and i miss talking to you could be the same meaning. She would be lying if she said that she missed him too. But it wasn't a lie that she missed talking to him.

Higgs smiled. He looked down for a while, the back up, searching for Juliette's eyes.

"What are you going to do after graduation?"

His question caughet her off guard. She didn't know. She hadn't come up with a plan. But it felt unwise if she said she didn't know yet. Maybe this was a trick question. Maybe he wanted to know if Juliette was actually the one for him.

"Right after graduation i'll come home to my mom and dad. I miss them." She knew it wasn't the answer that Higgs was waiting for. But it was the truth and it was better than i don't know.

He nodded. "Me too. I promised my mom and dad that i will spend more time with them."

They were silent for a while. He touched her cheek softly then leaned closer for a kiss. Juliette closed her eyes, she didn't want to push him away. The kiss was longer this time, but softer. All she could think was her first kiss with Tom. How it made her terrified but also addicted. How he would ask for her permission first. How he wiped her lips because the lipstick was smudged off from the kiss. It was wrong. She was kissing Terence Higgs but all he could think of was Tom Riddle.

When she opened her eyes, Higgs was already smiling. He even blushed.

After the small talk and the kiss, they went back to the common room. This time, he didn't give her a good night kiss on the cheek, but on the lips. The common room was full of people too. Her three friends were there, and in the corner of the room, she could find Tom. He was staring at her. Everybody was. Higgs was saying good night so she replied with a good night too.

After he left, she joined with her friends. Juliette searched for Tom but he was gone and nowhere to be found.

"So are you guys official now?" Pansy asked.

Juliette shook her head immediately. "No. We're not. I didn't know why he kissed me in the room full of people like this."

Pansy rolled her eyes. "Come on, Julie. That's what a Slytherin would do. He wanted to show everyone that you're his."

Her heart stopped. He wanted to show everyone that you're his.

But what if her heart belongs to somebody else?