fifteen

She turned twenty. And Tom turned twenty-one. Her mother was right. Being twenty was hard. Juliette got exhausted most of the times. She always tried to have long conversations with Tom, but her body had always give up. Her mother was right. Being twenty was hard when you haven't figure everything out.

She watched her friends, one by one, getting married. Harry with Ginny, Ron with Hermione, Pansy with Josie, Draco with Astoria, and even Blaise had finally found his girlfriend and were getting serious.

Not just her, now Tom worked outside the cabin. He had a workshop not far from their cabin. He was rarely home, just like Juliette. And they both knew that their relationship was strained.

At home, they were still talking, they still cuddled every night, still make out, but they both knew something was wrong and they needed to fix that immediately.

Juliette's performance at the Daily Prophet was extraordinary. The editors loved her. She got a pay raise every month. It was good. But it cost her her own relationship. Tom's painting got more and more famous every day. So many people bought his paintings. He even had his own followers and fans. It was beyond his expectation. He loved it. But it made him stayed at his workshop longer and sometimes forgot to check on Juliette. They were both busy with their lives.

One day, Juliette and Pansy met for a lunch. Pansy was talking about her marriage with Josie. How it made her happier. How it taught her to build a family. Juliette was slightly jealous. She wanted that life. But why was it so hard for her and Tom to do so?

"I won't take sides here, Julie. You're my best friend and Tom is my best friend too. I love you both so much. But i think you really need to talk to him. You both need to figure things out. Don't let a miscommunication be the end of your relationship."

Juliette decided to take her advice. She left early from work and went straight to Tom's workship. She had been there a couple of times before. She remembered his schedule. At this hour, the workshop should be empty.

When Juliette was arrived, she could see a girl standing in front of Tom. They were talking about something. Maybe one of his buyers.

She was about to enter the workshop. But her steps stopped once she saw them hugged. It could be nothing. It had to be. Tom would never do that to her. He loved her so much. And Juliette trusted him with her life. But she still felt an uneasy feeling.

She didn't hold back. Juliette opened the door and she stepped inside.

They both were staring at Juliette, but her eyes landed on Tom. Then she smiled. "I hope i didn't interrupt."

Tom walked away from the girl then grabbed Juliette softly and pulled her closer to him. "Juliette, this is Evelyn. Evelyn is one of the many people who likes my painting. She's one of the top buyer too." Then his eyes shifted to Evelyn. "Evelyn, this is Juliette, she's my girlfriend. She works at the Daily Prophet."

Evelyn stuck out her hand, Juliette did the same. "Yes, of course. Juliette Terra. It's a pleasure to finally meet you. I admired you works so much. I didn't know you're Tom's girlfriend."

Juliette smiled. "I didn't know you're his top buyer. But it's good to finally meet you, Evelyn."

Evelyn left right after the introduction. Juliette was jealous, but more like terrified. She didn't know why. But she tried to look like she was okay.

Tom leaned closer to Juliette to give her a kiss.

"You've never told me about Evelyn?" She tried to make her tone easy and low. She was already tired from work. She didn't want to argue and fight.

"Yes, i forgot. I'm sorry."

"No. It's okay. Don't apologize. I'm not mad, love."

Tom decided to tidy up his desk and closed the workshop early today. He wanted to spend time with his girlfriend. It's been a while since they had dinner outside. So they decided have a dinner date tonight. Juliette thought this was a great first move.

They bonded again after a while. Tom was sharing about his day and his work. He told Juliette about his plans for the next few months. Juliette did the same. She told him about work. Then about her lunch with Pansy earlier. She shared Pansy's marriage story with him.

Then she remembered. She wanted to talk to him. About their relationship. But she knew it didn't feel right to talk about private matters in the public place.

Tom paid for the foods then they went back to the cabin immediately.

Just when they about to talk, Juliette remembered something. She forgot to bring her paper work and she left it at the office. She cursed herself. She needed to get the paper work. She excused herself and told Tom that she would be quick. Tom agreed and said that he would be waiting at the cabin.

She finally reached the Daily Prophet's office, she went to her desk and grab the paper work. It was getting really late so she needed to be home immediately.

When she reached home, she went inside to her bedroom. But then, she found Tom was already sleeping. She wanted to wake him and finally have the talk. But she didn't have the heart. He looked so tired and peaceful. He needed the sleep. So she let it slipped once again. She joined him in the bed and hugged him from behind. She kissed his forehead and let him sleep.

She knew she would have to look for another time to talk about their relationship. But they were both busy. And their schedules were tight. And she was afraid that there won't be another time for them.

Her thoughts were filled fear. She loved Tom. She wanted to save their relationship. But what if the relationship couldn't be saved?