seventeen

All of the sudden, the bell rang. Blaise and Juliette got up from their seat and opened the door. She was surprised when she found Tom, Pansy, and Draco at the doorstep.

Tom didn't think of anything else. He walked to Juliette and hug her tight. He was scared that he thought he had lost her. He was scared something happened to her. And he was relieved when he saw her and know that she was okay. He was relieved now that she was back into his arms.

Juliette cried on his chest. She said sorry several times. He tried to comfort her and tell her it's okay.

"Don't ever do that again, Juliette. Don't ever make me think that i lost you."

Tears were still streaming down her cheeks. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."

"I know, darling. I know. I love you."

He kissed her lips, then her cheeks, then her forehead. He hold her close and he would never want to let go.

Their tough years were finally over. They had talk about it. They figured everything out. Their love for each other had saved their relationship. And it was enough for them. They were happy and nothing or no one could ever take that happiness away.

Juliette was getting busier each time. So did Tom. But they had found the way to always spend some time to talk.

Juliette had finally let go of the past. She finally forgave the past, and Higgs. Juliette didn't know where he's at. She wished she could meet him and tell him that she already forgive him. But she couldn't. She just hoped that somewhere, he knew.

She finally opened her eyes and her heart. She finally able to trust Tom. Really trust him. Life was once again, felt good.

One time, it was Juliette's twenty second birthday. Tom didn't come to the workshop. He wanted to surprise Juliette for a romantic dinnee at their cabin. Juliette was at work the whole day. So Tom had plenty of time to decorate and cook the meal. He also already prepared to give Juliette a little something for her birthday.

It was already five and Juliette wanted to go back to the cabin immediately. She was tired and she missed Tom. Before went back to the cabin, she stopped at the bakery to buy Tom his favorite cake. She knew it was her birthday, but she really wanted to get a little  something for him.

The cabin was quiet and dark when Juliette went inside. She thought maybe Tom was still at the workshop. She turned on the lightswitch then was surprised when she heard a shout. "SURPRISE!"

Everyone was there. Tom, Pansy, Blaise, Draco, Josie, Astoria, Thea, Harry, Ginny, Ron, and Hermione. Even her parents were also there to celebrate their daughter's birthday.

She looked around. The cabin was decorated with birthday supplies. The candles were lot in the dining table. It was amazing.

Tom pulled her into a hug and whispered a happy birthday to her. They kissed and laughed. Juliette was speechless.

They had dinner right after. It was a fun day for Juliette. A memorable day. The best birthday she have ever had because every single person that she loved was there to celebrate with her. She was grateful. Really grateful. They talked and laughed around the dining table.

After dinner, they all went to the backyard to have a champagne. Tom decorated the backyard with christmas light. It was beautiful. As if the stars were surrounding them.

"I have something for you." Tom said.

Apparently, Juliette wasn't the only one who waited for presents. Everybody was waiting.

Tom reached his pockets. He bended on one knee. Everybody gasped. Pansy was the loudest as always. Nobody knew Tom had planned this.

He took Juliette's soft hand. Their eyes met. "Juliette Terra, you've been the perfect girlfriend for over five years. Those five years were the best. And i don't want to change a single thing about it. Meeting you, knowing you, was the best thing in my life. Loving you is my duty, and having you is my greatest gift."

Tom stopped for a while. He smiled. Juliette was holding back her tears. Pansy were squealing. Blaise was probably grinning. And her parents were shocked, but happy for their daughter.

"Juliette, i want to build a life with you. Have our kids running around the cabin. I want to spend the rest of my life loving you. Will you marry me?"

She nodded. She wanted to speak. But no words came from her mouth. She was crying happy tears. Tom put on the ring on her finger, the he hugged her. He kissed her passionately. Tom was the happiest man alive that night.

"AWW STOP! YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE. I CAN'T." As always Pansy was the one who got too excited. She was so happy for her best friend that she even cried.

They all took turn to congratulate Juliette and Tom. Everybody was so happy for them. Everybody knew how perfect they are for each other.

After the dinner was over, Juliette and Tom washed the dishes and cleaned the dining table. They were smiling the entire time. Still trying to processed everything. Suddenly, Juliette remember that she bought his favorite cake. She went to the fridge then give the cake to him.

"I got you something too, love."

"Ah darling. You're the sweetest. Thank you, darling."

The cake was origanally for Tom. But she had take a bite, and another, and another one. They talked about wedding plans. Where the wedding will be held. What the theme will be. How the decorationd will look like. What foods will be served. It was fun discussing wedding plans even when they haven't come up with the date.

They went to bed after for a cuddle. It was one of the cold days, so they lit the fireplace and turned off the lights.

"Good night darling, i love you."

"Good night, love. I love you too."