nineteen

Everyone told her that marriage will be hard. That she would find so many obstacles along the way. Her mother had told her to be strong and always made a wise decision. She even heard marriage was going to be fun only a couple of times. And they were right. Marriage was hard and challenging.

Juliette was now head editor at The Daily Prophet. So many people loved her work, yet there would always be those who is against her. And that was fine. She did everything right. Being right didn't always liked.

Tom's painting had the most sales. Everybody knew him. Everybody loved his works. He got call to attend gallery openings or art conventions a lot. He stayed at the workshop until midnight to finish all his paintings.

They were both a busy couple. Even busier than Juliette's parents. They loved their jobs but they loved each other even more. They knew this would be the thing that could ruined them. But they had to make it work somehow.

They delayed their plan on having kids. They still wanted kids, of course. But their works had gotten in the way. Even if they forced it, it won't be good for the baby. Juliette was too busy to even think about the baby's health, let alone hers. It was a wise decision. Hopefully.

Juliette sometimes went to the backyard alone at midnight to cry. It wasn't that she was sad. Or that she had a problem on her marriage with Tom. Everything was fine. Everything worked out really well. It was just sometimes she was too stressed and tired from work. And the only way for her to cope with stress was to cry.

Tom didn't feel stress at all. Yes, sometimes he was stuck for an idea. But in the end he would always find an idea to paint. He enjoyed his works so much that he forgot he was tired. Because for the first time in his life, he felt like he made something. Created something. He felt like he truly find his passion in life. And he never wanted to stop feeling that way.

One time, Juliette went home really late. Tom was already in the dining room preparing for dinner. She took a deep breath and stayed in her position for a while. Tom finally noticed that Juliette didn't move at all she was staring at dining table, but from her gaze, she was empty. He walked closer and asked her if everything's okay. She nodded and hugged him. A moment later, she cried on his chest. Tom's heart was beating. He was scared that he did something wrong. He tried to remember, but nothing came up on his mind.

He hugged Juliette tighter. He stroke her hair gently. "What's wrong, darling?"

"I'm sorry. I'm just tired."

Tom stroked her back gently. He kissed the top of her head. He knew how tiring her job was. But, he never knew that she was this tired. She needed him and he was too busy with work. He felt bad. He felt like he was the one to blame. But he didn't want to blame himself. He just wanted to make sure his girl was okay.

Tom reached for Juliette's face. He wiped the tears away from her face. He stared into her eyes and smiled. She smiled and closed her eyes for a moment. They didn't say anything. They just needed each other.

"Let's eat first, okay?" Tom finally said. Juliette agreed.

After dinner, Tom took Juliette out from the cabin. Juliette was confused at first. It was already late and no shops were open at this hour. But she still followed him.

They walked for five minutes then ended up on a hill near their cabin.

It was beautiful. She could see the stars up above. The sky was open, welcoming her, embracing her. The air was cold but the kind of cold that made you comfortable. The view was perfect up from the hill. She felt free, relieved, and she felt like she could finally breathe. As if a rope was tied to her body, and then she was free from it.

She met Tom's gaze, who was already staring at her the whole time. Juliette leaned in for a hug.

"I should've done this sooner. I'm sorry, Juliette."

Juliette shook her head. "We're both busy. It's not your fault. This is life, Tom. Sometimes it's shitty, and yet sometimes it's beautiful. You just have to find a way to enjoy both."

They laid on the grass. Just the two of them. They talked and they laughed. They were once again, two teenagers falling in love with each other. They were once again a nineteen year old couples who had the world for themselves. Those moments might be fading away, but their love for each other would never end.

Tom rolled over to Juliette. He put one hand on her cheek and smiled. "Juliette, i-i'm grateful for you. Whatever happens, don't leave, okay? Talk to me. Even if it hurts me, Just talk, don't leave. I want you. I need you."

Juliette didn't realize but a single tear fell on her cheek. Never in a million years she thought she would live to hear someone said such words to her. It wasn't just sweet words for her. Those words, his words, were a reminder for her. A reminder to keep going. A reminder that she was blesses to have someone that loved her so dearly. A reminder that there was always someone who would wait for her to come home. A reminder that it wasn't just love that bound them. But the need for each other.

She kissed him. They could feel each other's tears. She could feel his fear. She knew it now. He was scared that she would leave him. And she was scared he would forget her. They were living in a fear.

"I wouldn't have the heart to leave you, Tom. I chose you to be my husband. My partner. My everything. And i will do so, over and over again, day after day, for the rest of my life. And if there is a life after this, i will look for you. And i will choose you again."

And it was true.