two

"I've seen that boy on action several times, and let me tell you, he never acted like that. That boy, that wasn't Tom Riddle." Pansy was freaking out the entire time. She was asking Juliette how was it like to be kissed by the famous Tom Riddle.

Juliette was still thinking about the kiss. How soft his lips were, how good he smelled, how beautiful his eyes were. It was her first kiss. And it was beautiful. Tom wiped her lips because the lipstick were smudged off from the kiss. That thing made her heart went boom. She didn't have a crush on him. She barely knew him. But it successfully made her blush.

It was almost four in the morning and they all got class at seven. They could only use two hours of sleep. Juliette hated quick sleep. It made her head spinning the whole day. So she chose to left Pansy who's now sleeping in her bed, and walk around the empty common room alone.

The common room still smelled like alcohol and it made Juliette feel sick. But there was nowhere else to go. She had to hold it in. Everyone was asleep. She sat on the carpet in front of the fireplace to warm her body. She closed her eyes for a while. Letting the warm air from the fireplace entered her body.

Juliette opened her eyes and found Tom sitting beside her. "I didn't hear you coming."

"You looked calm and peaceful. I didn't want to interrupt."

They sat there, without saying a word for two minutes. Juliette felt safe. She didn't feel the need to start a conversation with him. Their silence was enough.

"I should get back to my room and wake Pansy." Juliette finally broke the silence.

"Can i walk you?"

She nodded.

They walked together slowly. Juliette wanted to say something but nothing came from her mouth. She secretly hoping for Tom to started a conversation.

They finally arrived outside Juliette's bedroom. Eyes still locking, Juliette couldn't look away. It was crazy, how comfortable she was with him.

"You know, there is a reason why i never talked to you." Tom finally said.

Juliette tilted her head to the side. "Why is that?"

Tom chuckled. "You looked scary. But in a good way."

"What do you mean?" Juliette laughed nervously.

"You're not flirty like the others. You look innocent but at the same time you don't. And i think that's cute. I like you."

That wasn't what Juliette expected. Did Tom Riddle just confessed to her that he had a crush on her? But that was impossible. Tom didn't do dates. That was too straightforward and Juliette haven't prepared for an answer.

"Thank you, i guess? I better go inside and wake her up. See you in class?"

Tom nodded. "See you in class."

Juliette immediately went inside her bedroom and shut the door behind her, leaving Tom alone outside. She leaned her back on the door and closed her eyes.

Her mind was still processing what just happened. Did the Tom Riddle really have crush on her? Maybe he was still drunk, maybe not. And even if he wasn't drunk, he slept with lots of girls, kissed lots of lips, there was no way he could really have a crush on Juliette. Maybe it was his way of manipulating Juliette, tricked her into believing that he had a crush on her. But the thought unsettled her. She saw what he did when he kissed her. He was nice. He wanted to believe that he was different but it was hard when the proofs said otherwise.

She opened her eyes and pushed all the thoughts about Tom away. She wanted to wake Pansy but she was still sleeping peacefully on her bed. She decided to let Pansy sleep for a little while. Pansy drank a lot so her head must be dizzy.

Juliette went to the bathroom to take a shower. She needed to feel fresh before the class starts in an hour. She put on a little bit of concealer under her eyes. It was dark. She lost a lot of sleep in the past few weeks. She tied her hair in a high ponytail. Final touch, perfume. And she's ready.

Pansy was still sleeping but she needs to wake her up, so she did. Pansy was groaning, touching her head. She looked like a mess, Juliette gave her a warm water to drink, to drain away all the alcohol. Then she let Pansy take a shower and get ready. Juliette went outside and wait in the common room. A moment later, Pansy came out from Juliette's bedroom and together they started walking to class. No time for breakfast and they didn't feel like having one.

There was a quidditch match today. Slytherin against Gryffindor. Juliette and Pansy didn't play, they weren't a part of the quidditch team, but they enjoyed watching and supporting their house and friends, like Draco and Blaise.

Juliette wanted to grab snacks and drinks while Pansy saved them a seat. Apparantly, they haven't eat anything the whole day, and lunch was still three hours away. After successfully grabbing the snacks and drinks, Juliette went straight to the seat Pansy had already saved for her.

The quidditch match ended an hour later. Gryffindor won. It was a tight match. Juliette and Pansy went to common room and wait for Draco and Blaise. They wanted to cheer them up, and the rest of the team. A moment later, Draco and Blaise entered the common room with a face low. Juliette walked straight to Blaise, she opened her arms wide. Blaise fell on her embrace. Juliette stroked his back, then his head softly. Pansy did the same for Draco. Juliette whispered that it will be okay and that she was always proud no matter what. Blaise hold her closer and tighter.

Sometimes Juliette thought that it was all too much. Yes, it felt bad losing. But it was just a game. And there would be another chance for them to win. But then, she thought, maybe quidditch was something more than a game for them.

The four of them went to the great hall for dinner together. The Slytherins was quiet, while the Gryffindors was loud, they were celebrating. After dinner, they all went to the astronomy tower to chill and talk. They have been doing this since their first year at Hogwarts. It was their friendship tradition. It was their last year of school, last year of going up to the astronomy tower together. But certainly not the last year of their friendship.

"You know, Higgs has a crush on you, Julie." Blaise said.

"Higgs? Terence Higgs?"

He nodded. "Yeah. That one. He's fine. You should give him a chance."

"No. No. My dear Julie right here, has a crush on Tom." Pansy finally said.

Juliette rolled her eyes. And slap Pansy's arm.

"Riddle? Don't tell me it was because of the kiss." Draco continued.

"Pansy was joking you guys. I don't have a crush on anyone."

"Oh is that so? And i think that's cute, i like you." Pansy imitated Tom's voice. Draco and Blaise was confused. But Juliette knew. She knew. And she thought she was the only one.

Blaise raised an eyebrow, Draco tilted his head to the side. They need an explanation and Juliette needs to give them. Pansy was smiling playfully.

"You were sleeping!"

Pansy nodded. "I was. But my head was killing me. I just closed my eyes, resting. So i could still hear you and Tom. And when you went inside and lean on the door, that was dramatic." She laughed histeracally.

Juliette's face was heating up. She's ashamed. She thought nobody saw her or heard her. And yet Pansy knew everything. Blaise and Draco was still lost. They needed an explanation.

Juliette then told them everything. From the moment she left Pansy to sleep, to the moment Tom walked her back to her room. They were shocked but laughing.

"Oh Julie. Well, you know the thing is, he likes messing around with girls. Though i must admit, last night, when he kissed you, it was shocking. He was different. But that doesn't change anything. I want you to be careful. If you're looking for a long term, he's not the one. But if you're looking for a fun, he's the one." Blaise said.

Juliette shook her head. "You guys. I don't have a crush on him. He was nice, yes. But that was it. And i'm not looking for a long term or a fun at the moment. I don't like him that way."

Or maybe she did.