seven

The final day of test came. Everyone was excited for today. Not only because it was the last day, but also because there would be a huge party celebrating it tonight.

When the test was done, all of Hogwarts student are busy preparing the stuffs for the party. The party would be in the great hall. The professors agreed to let them have the party as long as they could behave.

They all worked as a team. Some of the students prepare for the foods, some for the drinks, and some for the decorations. Juliette, Pansy, Astoria, Hermione, and Josie handled the decorations. While the boys handled the big and heavy stuffs. Harry and Ron handled the foods and drinks. Ron personally asked for that.

Their girlfriends and boyfriends also joined and helped them. Higgs was also there beside Juliette. He was holding Juliette the whole time, hugging her from the back. There were lots of people, even from the other houses. It made her slightly uncomfortable. But she did nothing to stop him.

Juliette arranged a couple of games that they could play later that night. Pansy and Josie helped her.

The evening came soone then they expected. Juliette and Pansy went back to Juliette's bedroom to get ready and did their make up.  Juliette wore a little loose dress that her mom bought two years ago. The dress was dark blue and it had little sparkles all over the dress. It was simple but fancy at the same time. She did her make up really natutal.

When they were in the hallway, they could already hear the music blasting from the great hall. It would be a great night, she tought. When Juliette and Pansy reached the door, they could find some people were chatting outside. Beside that, Juliette could also find Higgs in a black t-shirt and a pair of jeans, waiting for her.

He smiled widely. And when she reached to him, he pulled her closer and kissed her. Pansy was annoyed by their cuteness. She excused herself to find her girlfriend, Josie.

Higgs was holding Juliette tight around him the entire time. She wanted to find Pansy, or Blaise, or Draco, or even Tom. But she couldn't go anywhere. Higgs were always locking hands with her.

They danced together, sing together, eat together, did everything together. It was fun, she had fun. In the middle of night, she sat on Higgs's lap because she was tired and she could feel that she was getting drunk. She drank a lot and eat a lot.  She  laughed the entire time Higgs made a joke. Juliette wrapped her arms around his neck and put her head on his shoulder. This was nice. Being held by someone. Being loved by someone.

Then again, she remembered tom. She pulled her head up and looked around the hall, trying to find his presence in the middle of the crowd. But she couldn't find him. Tom wasn't really into parties this crowded, but he was always there anyways for the drinks and the girls. But tonight, she couldn't find him.

"You okay?" Higgs asked. He realized that Juliette couldn't stay calm

"Of course." She smiled. She lied.

Maybe he left early, or maybe he was somewhere around here kissing another girl. The thought of him kissing another lips made her body hot. It made her mad. But the thought was crazy. Why would she be mad? He was no one. Not even her friend.

Pansy, Josie, Blaise, Draco, Astoria, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Tom. Tom. He was suddenly here. They joined Juliette and Higgs for a sit and made a circle. They wanted to play a game. And of course it was another truth or dare.

"Juliette, truth or dare." Hermione's voice echoed inside her mind.

She would've chosen truth like she always did. But now, she had a secret to keep. So she said, "dare."

Pansy, Blaise, and Draco looked surprised by her answer. She never picked dare. But tonight was different for her. She wanted to be different.

"Okay. I dare you to kiss someone other than Terence."

Juliette was drunk, but not anymore. As if all of the sudden she was fully awake. Her eye landed on Tom who already stared at her the whole time.  She got up from her seat and crawled to Tom.

They faces were super close. They could hear each other's breathing. He smelled so good and she loved it. She didn't think twice and leaned closer to Tom. Their lips crashed to each other. Tom grabbed her cheeks gently. The kiss was sloppy and fast, but Juliette knew it felt... right. It was nothing like when Higgs kissed her. The kiss with Tom was everything she always wanted, everything she always craved. She missed the feeling of his soft lips against hers. The strong perfume of his.

Maybe the kiss was too long. But she didn't care. And he, too, couldn't care less. She needed more. She wanted more. Craved for more. Nobody could stop her, and certainly nobody could stop him too.

Moments later, she realized all eyes landed on them. Even the ones who didn't play. She pushed Tom gently and wiped her lips. She went back to her seat.

She looked over to Higgs. He was forcing a smile. Now she felt bad. She shouldn't have done that. But she couldn't stop herself. Juliette reached for Higgs's hands and hold them close to hers. She tried to reassured him. Finally he kissed her cheek and they all continued to play.

The party ended at one in the morning. Professor Dumledore only allowed all the students to party for that long. After the party, they were required to tidy their mess. The cleaning ended almost two hours after the party ended. It was already almost three in the morning and the students were asked to returned to their dormitories.

"I had fun today. Thank you, Juliette."

"Thank you?"

"Yes. Thank you. Because of you, i'm happy. I'm grateful for you, Juliette."

Juliette smiled and pulled Higgs into a hug. Then she whispered good night and he left.

She went inside her bedroom and change her clothes. All she could think about was Tom. And how he made her heart racing when he kissed her, how she could feel the butterflies on her stomach when his hands were on her cheeks.

She closed her eyes at last. Pulled everything into her sleep.