three

Today was a friday and a free day. A free day before they all had their final tests. Pansy had a plan with her Ravenclaw girl crush, Josie.  As for Juliette, she didn't have plans. Although she wanted to have a great time rather than stay in her bed all day. She even asked around. Blaise was going out with his girl. Not a girlfriend but more than a girl crush. Complicated. Draco with his girlfriend, Astoria. Harry with Ginny, of course. Hermione with Ron, all the time. They all offered Juliette to come with them. But she didn't want to interrupt their dates.

"Higgs is available." Blaise said.

"I never even talk with him. It'll be awkward."

"He's a fun guy to be around with. Besides, he'll be happy if you asked him out."

Juliette rolled her eyes. "You want an amateur like me to asked a boy out? I'll get laughed at."

"But you're brave, Julie. You're the bravest girl i know. If you get laughed at, then shame on them."

"You know that i love you, Blaise. But sometimes i want to rip out your throat."

He laughed hard. "Just try, Julie. You'll never know if you never try. We only have weeks before graduation."

Juliette sighed. "Let me see what i can do."

She knew how bad Blaise's advice was, yet she still followed it. She looked for Terence Higggs, she wanted to ask him out. She wouldn't call this a date. She just wanted someone to accompany her and he could be that someone. She looked everywhere. Common room, great hall, outside, even classes. Yet, she still couldn't find him.

Then out of nowhere, he showed up. He was walking with Tom. She could finally feel her heart racing. She could feel it in her bones, she could even hear it. She didn't know what happened to her. She knew it was her first time asking someone out. But it should be easy. And she didn't expect anything crazy. Even if Higgs rejected her, it wouldn't hurt her. Yet, she was terrified.

But still she took step by step closer to him. This was her only chance and she wouldn't want to let it slip away.

Higgs noticed Juliette. He smiled and stopped walking. Tom followed. Juliette casted a smile. She was silent for a moment, trying to find the courage to speak to him. He looked at Tom for a moment. He wasn't smiling, but his face wasn't scary either.

"Hi, Tom." She didn't know why she greeted Tom first. She wanted to speak with Higgs, not Tom. But she couldn't undo it. So it happened. Tom reply with a simple hi and a quick smile. Juliette's eyes finally shifted to Higgs. "Hi, can i talk to you?"

Higgs looked at Tom. He casted a glance to Juliette, then walked away, leaving Juliette and Higgs alone.

"Hi, Juliette. What is it you want to talk about?"

"Are you free today?" Juliette asked.

Higgs smiled. "Yes. Why?"

"I was wondering, do you want to, um, you know, grab a butterbeer maybe?" It was awkward and she  knows it. She haven't prepared for it. She didn't know how to ask him out without gave him the wrong impression. She didn't want to ask him out as a date, just a friend.

"Yes. I'd love to."

Juliette smiled. "Great. After dinner?"

He nodded. "After dinner is great. See you, Juliette."

"See you."

All her friends were currently out on a date. Hogwarts was empty. Maybe she was the only one here.  She needed an activity to pass the time. She grabbed her novel and read it in the common room. It wasn't as cold as yesterday.

Pages after pages she read, she didn't realize it was already four. Her friends hadn't come back yet. She closed the book. All of the sudden, there was an eerie feeling she felt. The air was colder too. She heard footsteps but couldn't find anyone. She heard whispers. Her heart was racing. She cursed herself for staying alone here. She should've just said yes when she was being offered to come with her friends. Now it was too late.

She scanned the room. Walked slowly to investigate. She could just ran to her bedroom and locked the door, wait there until Pansy came back. But her bedroom were too far at this moment. She could stay here and pretend, but it was getting scarier each moment passed.

Finally, she chose to closed her eyes and run away from the common room. She hit something, or someone, then she fell. When she felt a hand touched her, she screamed.

"Hey, hey, Juliette, it's me."

She opened her eyes slowly. And found Tom. Her heart dropped. She just realized how embarrassing it was. She felt like she want to dissapear.

"Shit. I'm sorry." She stood up as soon as she can and fixed her messy hair.

"What happened? Are you okay?"

"I- i mean, yeah. I heard footsteps and a whisper. And i don't know. I was reading, and when i realized that it's getting late, i got scared. The air was colder, and, i don't know."

Tom laughed softly. Juliette lifted an eyebrow. "Are you scared of ghosts?"

"Maybe?"

"Oh Juliette. You're a witch. You can do magic, and you're still scared of ghosts? You're funny."

Juliette slap Tom's arms gently. They both laughed. "You're annoying. I hate you."

They stopped laughing. Juliette realized that she wasn't alone here. Tom was here. She thought he was out with someone.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were out with someone?" Juliette asked.

Tom chuckled. "I don't have someone for a date."

"Oh."

Oh indeed. She knew that he didn't do dates. But perhaps he could've just pick one of his girls and went out with them for fun. But then, it was none of her business.

"What about you? Why are you here alone?" He asked.

"I'm going with Terence tonight. For a butterbeer."

"Oh, you have a crush on him?"

Juliette chuckled. "No. No. Not like that. It was more like a friendly way. I don't have a crush on him."

Tom nodded. "Right. Well, i hope you have a great time."

"Thank you, Tom. Excuse me, i have to get ready for dinner."

"Sure. See you around."

She nodded and left Tom alone. She rushed to her bedroom and locked the door. She couldn't wait to tell Pansy about her day. And she couldn't wait for a butterbeer tonight.