ten

Juliette woke up with a massive headache. She could feel her eyes were swollen. Then she remembered. She was crying the whole time last night. Her body felt stiff and it hurt her when she moved her body. She forced herself to get out from the bed. She looked for an aspirin in the drawers, lucky for her there was one. She immediately took the aspirin and drink it.

She threw her body on the bed and closed her eyes for a moment. The headache was getting better so she open her eyes. She scanned her bedroom. Her eyes landed on her silvery white dress. It was graduation dance day. She needed to look alive.

Juliette went to the bathroom to wash her face. She looked at her reflection in the mirror. Swollen dark eyes decorated her face. No need to worry, a good makeup would cover that.

At last, she went outside to the common room. There were already Pansy, Blaise, and Draco sipping their hot tea. Blaise reached out to her first the  he hugged her. He wanted to make sure that she's okay. Juliette scanned his face. Bruises all over his face. It looked hurt and she feel bad for him.

"Don't you worry, Josie and I agreed on bringing you along to be our third date." Pansy said.

Juliette laughed. "That's sweet. But i already have  a date."

"WHAT?!" As always, Pansy screamed.

"And who is that?" Draco asked.

"Tom. He asked me yesterday."

Blaise scoffed. "Riddle? He better treat you right."

"Don't worry. He will." Juliette smiled.

Juliette wanted to walk around Hogwarts before the graduation dance starts. In a few days, she would be leaving all this student life behind and moving on to another life. She remember she used to running around this hallways when she was smaller, maybe her second year. She remember her birthday, the first time she got pranked and she cried because she thought all of her friends forgot her birthday. She smiled remember all the good memories she had here in Hogwarts.

She couldn't believe that she almost turned eighteen. She always wanted to graduate. But now, she wished she could stay here forever. Have a life within these walls. Hogwarts was her second home. It was the place that made her feel safe and comfortable. Hogwarts was the living proof of her life for these past ten years.

Juliette went outside to the garden. To feel the warmth of the sun on her face. It felt good. It felt amazing.

She found Tom who was strolling around too. She smiled and greeted him. He looked back and found her face. It made his heart jumped in excitement. He walked closer to her. He said hi. He asked how she was feeling. It felt good talking to her again. It felt right seeing her smile again.

They walked back to the common room together. They needed to get ready for the graduation dance. The dance started in two hours.

Juliette went for a shower. She put on her mother's old dress. She caught her reflection in the mirror. She looked amazing. She looked beautiful. She spinned around then smile. She wanted to look like this forever. Juliette sat on the vanity chair to do her makeup and brush her hair. Last touch was perfume.

Finished and satisfied with her look, Juliette went to Pansy's room to take a look at her best friend. She knocked the door and Pansy opened it immediately. She was grinning like an idiot when she saw her best friend in a black long dress. Pansy looked like a goddess. They looked at each other. Mesmerized by each other's look. Juliette went for a hug. Tonight was a once in a life time thing. In a couple of years, these would be just a memory they would miss.

The two of them went to look for Blaise and Draco. They were ready in their suits and ties. The four of them looked really good tonight. Blaise and Draco excused themselves, they needed to get their girlfriends. Pansy followed. She needed to get Josie.

Juliette decided to wait in the common room. She couldn't lie. She was terrified that Tom would be just like Higgs. She tried to convinced herself that Tom was different. Minutes passed and he hadn't showed up yet. She knew they still have thirthy minutes to get ready in the great hall. But still she scared that Tom would leave her alone. She started to feel restless.

"Juliette?" She recognized his voice. Juliette got up from her seat and looked back. She found Tom in a black suit, hair combed neatly, and a flower on his hand.

Tom showed up. He finally showed up. She could finally breathe. She walked closer to Tom. And for the first time in her life, she could feel her heart excited for something, could feel the butterflies on her stomach, and couldn't stop smiling even if she tried to hide it from him.

Tom scanned her from top to toe. He never saw Juliette like this. She looked beautiful. But her beauty was beyond his imagination. She was different and he always knew it in his bones. She was something else. Someone worth having. Someone worth fighting for.

He smiled then handed her the flower. She took it on her hand then smelled it. When she closed her eyes to smell the flower, she smiled. And every day, Tom became more and more addicted to her smile.  It was the most beautiful thing he ever witnessed in his life.

They went to the great hall. It was already full of people. Professor Dumbledore was giving a little speech. The the dance began. Everyone was dancing with their partners.

Tom took Juliette's hands. Hers was soft and smelled like lavender.

His touch send a jolt of electricty through her entire body. His touch was gentle and soft. She loved it. They were slow dancing. His hand on her waist, her arms hanging around his neck. Forehead touching, they closed their eyes and enjoy the dance.

They opened their eyes at the same time. Juliette chuckled. She was blushing the entire time Tom landed his eyes on her.

"Can i kiss you?" He finally asked.

She loved this about Tom. He always asked for her permission to kiss her. She nodded and they kissed. The kiss was soft and sweet. The only kiss that she loved.

"I love you, Juliette."

Those there words made her heart stopped. Nobody ever told her that besides her parents and her three friends. After Higgs, she was afraid to open her heart. She was afraid of being played again.

But she smiled. She was sure of her choice this time. She was sure that Tom was different. And that she could trust him with her heart.

"I love you, Tom."

Tom didn't expect that. He thought she would pushed him away and reject him. He was ready for it. But he wasn't ready for an i love you answer. He swore he almost cry. He smiled. He was the happiest man alive that night. He kissed her forehead. "My heart is yours, Juliette. Only you. For always."

Falling in love with Tom Riddle was the best decision she made in her entire time at Hogwarts.

And choosing Juliette as the one for him was the best decision he made.