twelve

"Mom, dad, this is Tom Riddle. And he is my boyfriend."

The words sounded weird on Juliette's mouth. But it felt right. Weird because it was her first time introducing a boyfriend to her parents, and right because now they're officially together.

Juliette's mother stepped closer and hugged Tom first, then followed by her father. They all went inside after.

Juliette took a look around her home. She missed her home too much. The walls were the same, no new frames hanging on the walls. It smelled the same too, lavender. She had lavender field on the backyard so that's why. Everything was the same like a year ago when she came home for Christmas. She loved it.

Her mother already cooked her favorite meal. Roasted chicken with brown sauce and sweet mashed potatoes. They ate and talk like a family. It made Tom missed the feelings he never had before. He envied how close Juliette with her parents and how her family functioned normally. But then he smiled, knowing that his girl was happy and loved by so many people.

Juliette's father asked a lot of questions to Tom. About Hogwarts, about his relationship with Juliette, about anything. She was scared it made him uncomfortable. But it took her by surprise when she realized that he handled it really well. She never heard him talk this much with anyone else. Even herself. She loved the fact that Tom was comfortable and didn't feel pressured at all.

After lunch, Juliette's father and Tom went to the backyard to do whatever men always do. While Juliette helped her mother to wash the dishes.

"My baby girl is a big girl now." Her mother said.

Juliette smiled and rest her head on her mother's shoulder while still washing the dishes.

"He's good. Your dad and i love him. And i've never seen you that happy before."

Now it was the time that she asks for her mother's permission. She knew that Tom might already asked for her Father's permission. They probably talked about it right at thr moment. Now it was her turn.

"Mom, Tom and i made a plan. He has this lovely cabin not too far from our home. And we were planning on living together. The reason i brought him here is to introduce him to you and dad. And also talk about it. We wanted to have your permission first."

Her mother nodded and smiled. "Permission granted. I trust him and i trust you. Your dad and i had this feeling. We knew you wanted to take a big step on your relationship with him. So we already expecting you asking for our permission. We know that you and Tom are in love. So go on, honey. Build a life with him."

Juliette couldn't explain or even express how happy she was. She knew she just made a big decision regarding her life. She didn't know how it would be in the next five years. But she hope she made the right choice moving in with Tom. She trusted him with her life.

She stared closely at her mother. Her mother was crying but also smiling. Juliette was worried. Did she do something wrong? Or say the wrong thing? "Mom, what's wrong?"

Her mother smiled. "Nothing. I'm just so proud of you. Your dad and i are so proud of the woman you've become."

Juliette hugged her mom. The woman who gave birth to her. The woman who loved her the very first time. The woman who not would only die for her but also live for her. The woman who would sacrifice anything for her happiness. The woman she loved and respected. The woman Juliette wanted to be when she all grown up.

Juliette's father and Tom went inside when she and her mother were still embracing each other. The four them laughed because they knew what just happened. Juliette caught Tom's gaze. And in that moment, she knew he was trying i love you. She knew even when he didn't actually say it.

Tom stayed with Juliette tonight. He admired Juliette's bedroom. Full of kids decoration and dolls. So childish but he loved it. He thought it was cute. And he loved the fact that she didn't try to change herself whenever she's with him. She wasn't afraid to show her true self to him.

Juliette put her head on Tom's chest. He was playing with the strands of her hair. They stared at the wall in front of them.

"So, your parents like me. That's good."

Juliette smiled. "My parents love you. And are you comfortable with them?"

He nodded. "Very much. I never got the chance to feel the love of a family. And your parents were so nice to me. Thank you."

Juliette fixed her position, now they faced each other. She kissed him softly. "Can i ask what happened?"

Tom smiled. "Of course, darling. They died when i was a baby. Some said because of an accident. But for all i know, it could just be a made up story. Maybe they left me or threw me away."

Juliette wrapped him tight. "Don't think like that, love. I promise you, my parents love you. So you don't have to worry anymore okay?" He nodded then leaned in for a kiss.

Now her mind went thinking about her friends. What was Pansy doing right now? What about Blaise and Draco? Harry, Ginny, Ron, and Hermione were probably chatting and laughing in the burrow. She was sad but also relieved to know that all of her friends are happy with their own lives. And that she didn't need to worry about them.

Then she thought about Higgs next. Did he still blamed himself? Or did he even still think about it? Juliette couldn't forgive him now. But she wanted to someday. She couldn't and wouldn't want to hate him forever. Maybe he had a reason of why he did that. Maybe he had to, or was being forced to. Yet it still hurt.

Tom knew Juliette was thinking non-stop. He kissed her forehead. "Rest you head, darling. One at a time. Let's sleep, okay?"

She nodded. Then kissed him. "Good night, love."

"Good night, darling."