four

"YOU DID WHAT?!"

Pansy's voice echoed in the hallway. She just came back from her lovely date with Josie. Apparently, Pansy and Josie are now a thing. They're official. And yet, Juliette should've been the one who screamed those words, not the other way around.

"Shut the hell up, Pans. You're being dramatic."

"I'm being dramatic? Have you heard yourself? Oh my lord, i think i'm gonna cry." Pansy was laughing the entire time. Juliette was telling her about what happened with Tom. She knew how embarrassing it was, and now Pansy was laughing hysterically. She hated herself for telling Pansy.

The two of them made their way to the great hall to have a dinner. Blaise and Draco probably was still with their girls. They would come any minute from now.

Juliette caught Higgs's eyes. He caught hers too. Then they smiled to each other. Maybe Blaise was right. Maybe, he did have a crush on her. But she didn't think she did. She liked him as a friend because she thought he was nice. But more than that, she didn't think so. She needed to talk to him about this. She didn't want to give him the wrong impression that could hurt him.

After a while, Blaise and Draco came. They both talked about their dates. Juliette found it amusing. She always loved to hear her friends story. She thought it could help her for her next dates, if she has any.

And as always, Pansy passed the embarrassing story to Blaise and Draco. The three of them laughed loudly, and Juliette must remain calm to contain her shame.

After dinner, the four them stand just outside the great hall. Juliette was waiting for Higgs, while Pansy, Blaise, and Draco were waiting for Higgs to take Juliette, then they would go back to the common room.

Higgs came and greeted Juliette first, then Pansy, Blaise, and Draco. Juliette said goodbye to her friends.

Juliette was surprised when Higgs hold her hand. They were walking, hands clasped together, like a couple. She was afraid yet comfortable. So she didn't push away his hand. They weren't talking on much on the way. But she didn't feel awkward at all.

He ordered the butterbeer while Juliette found a perfect spot to sit. Minutes later, Higgs came with two butterbeer on his hands, then sit in front of Juliette. Higgs was staring at her. He was smiling the whole time. Now that made her uncomfortable. She knew she had to say something. But nothing came on her mind. She wished she could call Pansy, or Blaise, or Draco, or anyone to ask them what should she say.

Finally, Higgs started the conversation asking about how ready she was for the final test on monday. She told him that she already prepared for the materials. She also told him that she's sad that graduation was a week away. He agreed.

"Why did you ask me out?" He asked.

The question left Juliette speechless. She didn't even know why. But she came up with an answer. "My friends were going out with their girlfriends and boyfriends and i don't have one. I heard you don't have plans yet, so i asked you. And you seemed nice."

He smiled. Satisfied with the answer. "You seemed nice too. And beautiful."

Juliette wanted to say thank you. But nothing came from her mouth. Instead she smiled. She couldn't hide her red cheeks.

After they finished with the butterbeer, Higgs took Juliette for a little night stroll. It was cold, but the kind of cold that comfort you. They talked a lot, while hands still intertwined. Juliette liked his laugh. She wished she can record it, so she could replay his laughter on her mind over and over again. His hand were warm, his fingers fits perfectly on hers.

Then she remembered.

She didn't have a crush on him. If she continued doing this, it would give him the wrong impression. It would hurt him when he found out the truth. And Juliette didn't want to hurt him.

She wanted to stop holding his hand, but he hold her hand tighter as minutes passed by. She wanted to say the truth out loud, to clarify, but she didn't have the guts to do so. This was nice and she loved it. But she knew she would give him false hope if she continued.

At last, she stopped walking and break free from his hand. They were standing beneath the big tree. She was planning on telling him, but then, he placed a hand on her cheek. Juliette closed her eyes. Devouring the sensation. The warmth of his hand transfered to her cheek. She opened her eyes again, this time he was standing closer. She could smell his perfume.

"I like you, Juliette. Since fifth year." He smiled.

Oh no. This wasn't what she had in mind. Juliette knew. It's now or never. Now or it would be too late to turn around.

"Terence, i--"

He leaned closer, nose touching, and his lips crashed against hers. It was too late. She was too late. There was no going back. She failed.

The kiss got deeper. He didn't even let her catch a breath. At last he stopped, eyes still locked into hers. She couldn't look away too. He looked so happy and she was getting more and more worried. He smiled and chuckled nervously. If she stayed quiet, it would be awkward. She needed to say something.

"Wow, i, um, that was, great." It was better than nothing.

His hands rested on her cheeks again. He looked at Juliette like she was his world. He leaned closer, this time to placed his lips on her forehead.

"I'm grateful for you, Juliette. I know this might seem too fast for you. I want you to take your time. Focus on the final tests first. Then you think about this later."

What he didn't know is that Juliette wanted to think about this right this second. She wanted to talk about it. But what would she say? He was happy. And Juliette hated to be the one who took his hapiness away. She decided to do as he say. Think about this later.

They walked back to Hogwarts with hands still clasped together. When they went inside the common room, Pansy, Blaise, and Draco was circling together, waiting for Juliette to come back. And probably waiting for Juliette to tell her about her day.

Higgs kissed her cheek then say good night. She smiled and say good night too.

Juliette turned to her friends. Pansy couldn't contain her smile. Blaise was smirking. And Draco was smiling.

"JULIETTE, WHAT WAS THAT?"