fourteen

Tom loved to paint. He was a great painter. So he decided to start selling them. Meanwhile Juliette had decide to look for a job. She wanted to be out and free. She found so many job offers, but then she chose to work in Daily Prophet as one of their talented journalists. Their incomes combined were more than enough to support their living.

The first day of work was amazing for Juliette. She met lots of her coworkers, and she learned a lot from them. She met Rita Skeeter. The famous Daily Prophet writer. She didn't actually like her that much because of some of her works. But then, being a journalist sometimes was tough and you would get a lot of hate just for a story.

Tom was always getting invited on the gallery openings and art inventions. Everybody knew who he is. And no one thought his work was bad or ugly. His work was wonderful that everybody loved it. For the first time in his life, he felt seen and respected. He was truly happy and he loved it.

Juliette had a hard time blended in. Her works were wonderful, the editors loved her works. Even Rita Skeeter was amazed by her talent. But that made her the hero and the villain at the same time. She was loved by some of her coworkers because she was always nice and likes to help them. Yet, some of her coworkers hated her because they thought she take their shine away. It wasn't her fault that she was so good at what she was doing. But it felt uncomfortable to know that some people hate you.

Tom mostly spend his time at the cabin. While Juliette had to be away for a couple of hours. She left for work at eight and came back at four. It was hard for them at first. But they managed to adapt with their new routine.

Tom learned how to cook. So that when Juliette came back, she didn't have to cook for dinner. He wanted Juliette to finally breathe at their cabin and have some rest. It was a simple gesture that Juliette really loved and appreciated from Tom.

Every once in a week, Juliette and Tom reconnected with their friends. They would meet up and have lunch together. A few years ago, they would discuss about professors or tests, now, they discuss about their careers, their partners, house, salary. Everything had changed. And sometimes, she missed the little Juliette.

Every saturday and sunday, Juliette and Tom would spend the entire day together. Juliette's hobby to passed time was gardening. She planted lots of plants in the backyard. Every sunday, her parents came to the Cabin. Her mother would help her in the backyard, while her father would help Tom with carpentry. And at night, they would have dinner together.

One time, Juliette's mother had a serious conversation with her.

"Honey, you need to figure out your relationship with Tom. What's after this? Marriage? Family? Kids?"

Juliette laughed. "Mom, i'm nineteen. There is still lots of time to figure everything out."

Her mother nodded. "I know. But you'll be twenty in five months. By then, you'll be busier with work. You'll be too exhausted to even think about your relationship. I want you to think and choose carefully."

"I promise i will, mom."

Life was so good and they both were very happy. Satisfied with their career and love life. Juliette had never imagined that she could have this life.

Tom got frustrated once in a while whenever he ran out of ideas. Juliette always tried to be there to soothe him. She would hold him and kissed him until he was calm and ready to paint. He would lost without her.

Juliette always made time to go with Tom to the art gallery or art inventions. She loved seeing him mingle with some of fellow painters, or with people who loved and admired his works. She loved seeing him happy.

Tom always introduce Juliette to everyone in the gallery. And everyone always loved meeting her. She loved meeting them too. It was nice to know that Tom was also living his best life.

When they had free time, they did a little night picnic in the backyard. They loved to stargazing, especially Tom. It reminded him of the night he asked Juliette to be his date on the astronomy tower. One of the best days in his life.

One night, Juliette was laying on top of his chest. They finished dinner early. Juliette was exhausted from work and Tom was drained and out of ideas for his next painting. They didn't talk for a while. Silence surrounded them. Something came up to his mind. He felt the need to let it out and talk with his girl.

"Do you want to have kids someday?" He asked.

Juliette finally opened her eyes. She didn't hesitate to answer. "Of course i do. What? You think i don't want to?" Juliette chuckled. She expected a laugh from Tom. But he fell silent. She got up from his chest to face her boy. Their eyes met. She was waiting for an asnwer and Tom was still looking for the right words to say.

"Yes. Because you're always busy with work, and you never talk about it."

Juliette lifted an eyebrow. "Well, i work for us. For our kids someday."

"I know. And i am too. I work for us. But, i feel like--" He stopped talking. His hear was beating so fast.

"Say it Tom. Don't hold back."

"I feel like you always put your work first. I know that your job is exhausting. But, we rarely get a chance to talk."

Juliette positioned herself because she was feeling uncomfortable. "We talk all the time, love."

"You know what i mean."

Now, she scoffed. "So it's my fault then? It's my fault that i work for us?"

And by that, their real life started.