eighteen

The wedding day had finally arrived. Juliette and Tom wanted to keep it simple but still memorable. The wedding was held on their own cabin, in the backyard. Their friends and Juliette's parents had helped to decorate. Hermione, Ginny, and Theahelped Juliette to pick the dress, while Blaise and Draco helped Tom to pick the suit. Pansy, Josie, Astoria, and Juliette's mother prepared for the foods, drinks, and the wedding cake. Harry, ron, and Juliette's father dealt with the invitations. They wanted to invite some old friends from Hogwarts too.

Juliette did her makeup and tried on the dress. She spinned around then look at herself at the mirror. She couldn't believe it. In a couple of hours she would become a wife and Tom would be her husband.

The guests were starting to arrive at the cabin. It was full of people. Mostly their old friends.

Her heart was beating so fast. She was terrified but excited at the same time. She had been waiting for this day for too long. And it finally came.

She stared at her childhood picture on the table. She smiled. She was just a little girl, who loved to running around and play with dolls. She was just a little girl, who loved to fell asleep on her father's lap. She was just a little girl, who loved to steal the foods that her mom had just made. And now, she was about to marry the man she loved. She was scared but it felt so right in many ways. She knew she made the right choice. She had no doubts.

Her mother and Pansy came to the room and told Juliette that everyone was already there, and that they were waiting for her to start the wedding ceremony. Her mother and Pansy felt the tension. They knew she was scared. So they tried to calm her.

She took a deep breath then walked outside the room.

Her father walked her down the isle. She caught Tom's attention. He felt a single tear rolled down to his cheek. She was so beautiful. She was his Juliette. And in a couple of minutes, she would be his wife. His always and forever.

He took her hand and they looked at each other. A smile curled on her soft lips. The lips that he would kiss for the rest of his life. She was his, and would always be his.

"Thank you everyone for coming to my daughter's wedding. Today, i will be giving my daughter to the love of her life, Tom"

Blaise stepped forward and handed the wedding rings. He looked at Juliette and smiled. He was so happy to see his beloved best friend got married.

Juliette's father turned to Tom. "You can say your vow now, Son."

He nodded. "I, Tom Marvolo Riddle, take you, Juliette Elodie Terra , to be my wife. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honour you all the days of my life."

Tom put the wedding ring on Juliette's finger.

Once he was done with his vows, Juliette's father turned to his daughter. "Now, say your vow, honey."

Juliette smiled. She took a deep breath. "I, Juliette Elodie Terra, take you, Tom Marvolo Riddle, to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honour you all the days of my life."

Juliette put the wedding ring on Tom's finger. They looked at each other and smiled. Tears almost slipped from Juliette's father eyes.

"Do you, Tom, take my daughter, Juliette, to be your wife?"

"I do."

"And do you, Juliette, take Tom to be your husband?"

"I do."

"Today, i pronounce you as husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

They kissed. Everyone cheered. And by that, they were officially husband and wife. It felt unreal. But they were both so happy. He was grateful for her and so did Juliette.

It was time for their first couple dance. They were standing face to face. His hands on her waist and her hands on his neck. Tom leaned closer for a kiss.

"You look beautiful, darling." He whispered to her ear.

"You look handsome as always, love."

Everyone was staring. Admiring at how cute they looked together. Then seconds later, they grabbed their own partners and started to slow dancing with the newlywed couple.

Tom was talking with a couple of friends. Juliette was sitting. She was waiting for Pansy and Hermione to bring her something to eat. She wanted to get the food, but Pansy and Hermione forced her to rest for a while. She didn't want to argue so she agreed.

"Juliette?"

She recognized the voice. It was years since she last heard the voice. She looked back and find Higgs standing behind her. They were staring at each other for a while. Then Juliette stepped closer and hug him.

"Terence, hi. It's been so long, yeah? I missed you."

He smiled. "I missed you too. And congratulations by the way. I'm so happy for you and Tom."

She nodded. "Thank you, Terence."

"I know maybe this is not a great time to talk. I mean it's your wedding day, you probably don't want to talk to me, or even see me. But i just have to ask you this, i promise i won't bother yo--"

"I forgive you, Terence. I already did." Juliette knew what it was about even before he finished the sentence.

Higgs looked surprised. His face was expressionless but his heart was jumping happily. Then he smiled. Really smiled this time. As if he was getting out from the prison and see the world for the first time. He laughed softly. Juliette did too.

"Thank you, Juliette. Thank you. I really need that."

She nodded. "It was years ago. I already let go of the past. You should too."

One by one the guest left. They wanted Juliette and Tom to enjoyed their night.

Juliette took a bath. She was smiling the entire time. She remembered how it felt like when she said her vows and kissed Tom as a wife for the first time. She wanted to stay like this forever. She would gave up everything just to feel this once again.

Juliette was laying down on his chest. They had cuddled for the past thirty minutes. And none of them wanted to let go.

"I love you, my wife." Tom teased Juliette with a new nickname.

She laughed."I love you too, my husband."

Being married was the best decision they have ever made.