no room for excuses

Onika T. Maraj
Times Square, Manhattan, New York

 MarajTimes Square, Manhattan, New York

"You bet not fall asleep in Ms.Knowles class, she look like she'll beat your ass without hesitation" Lo said as we walked in the school on time today.

"Lo don't even go there, I'm already half awake from staying up with Ming all night so mama could be okay for work."

"Why didn't you just stay home? You ain't gon' do nun but go to sleep" she pointed out and I knew she was right. I'll just have to deal with the consequences.

Push come to shove I'll just leave after first period. Seeing Ms.K upset gave me a thrill and it gave me something to think about the rest of the day.

I waved bye to Lauren before opening the door to Ms.Knowles classroom.

"Good morning maraj" a deep southern voice rang out.

"Good morning Ms.K" I responded without giving her a chance to read my facial expression as i traveled to my seat.

I sat and took in her tall figure, the pantsuit she had on really complemented her skin tone. Her hair was pulled back in a low ponytail allowing me to really take in her facial features more than I did yesterday with her hair down.

"Okay class, for the next couple of weeks we'll be working on a group project and no you cannot pick your own groups

"Okay class, for the next couple of weeks we'll be working on a group project and no you cannot pick your own groups. I've grown to learn most of you are very immature." She stated, looking towards the back where daquan and lance sat.

"It's okay bae, I'm a grown man in more ways than one" Lance said with Daquan's snickering to follow.

"Y'all lame as fuck foh" I muttered rolling my eyes.

"Very." Ms.K agreed before traveling to the back of the classroom.

"Since y'all wanna make sick jokes and shit, how bout' y'all go down to the principles office and let me know what she says" she said smartly.

"I'll fuck the attitude right outta her" I thought to myself watching her close the door after they shuffled out.

"Okay like i was saying before we decided to act like a bunch of third graders... we'll be working on a project that's often called elevator pitch"