scars

A little token for 1k+ reads❤️

Beyoncé G. Knowles
Times Square, Manhattan, New York

To say I was nervous was a huge understatement

I knew that nika would still want to be with me after this date but it was always a ounce of doubt in the back of my mind.

Tonight was something small and intimate, a dinner and a walk through the park. I'd grown to learn a lot about onika but I wanted to know more.

We had to go a little outside of town because the risk of being seen was to great.

Picking up my handbag, I walked out the door and headed towards my car. It was pushing eight o'clock I had a little time to spare so I decided to stop and pick her up some flowers.

☀︎︎

"Hey booty" I said greeting her with a hug and a quick peck to the lips.

"Hey bb" she replied running her hand up and down my stomach.

"Come on, we have a reservation." I told her as I opened the passenger door.

"Are these for me?" She asked picking up the purple flowers"

"Yes they are" i said smiling at the look on her face.

With Sade playing softly in the background we made small talk, telling each other about how our day went.

I gave the keys to the valet guy as we walked hand in hand into the Italian restaurant. I remember hearing nic telling me how much she loved Italian food so what she wants, she gets.

"Aweeee yoncé, you actually listen to my nightly rants huh?" She asked nudging my shoulder.

Unlike normal people who sat across from each other, she insisted we sit side by side.

I knew it was simply because she wanted to steal my food without much as a arms reach.

"So what was your childhood and teen years like?" She asked and I chuckled at the question.

"My childhood was a very hectic one. Me and solo, my sister were always running back and forth between houston and here. I personally hated it and wanted to stay with my grandma but my parents, more so my dad didn't want that for me.

I loved my grandma so much, she really was my best friend. One day I came back to her house.. it was the first day of summer. I remember how happy I was to be back. I remember opening the door to her in the bed with a pillow on her face. At first i thought she was playing cause that just how she was but the more I called her, I knew something was wrong." I said feeling nic wipe away the hot tear that ran down my cheek.

"I'm so sorry baby.." she said, the pad of her thumb drawing circles on the back of my hand.

"I'm okay, But um the crazy thing was that my dad made me swear not to tell anybody. They ruled her death as natural causes." I said, finally bringing my eyes to meet hers.

"You've always had a big mouth giselle" I heard from behind me. I knew my mind loved playing tricks on me.. I slowly turned around to find my father with some lady on his arm.

"Get the fuck away from me, I mean that shit. Im not some little girl that you can just beat on anymore Matthew"

"You still have that smart ass mouth i see, someone really needs to knock you-" before he got the chance to finish his sentence my fist met his mouth. Causing him to stumble back into the table behind him.

"Baby don't" onika said tugging on my arm.

"I'll always own you and your sister, remember that" I heard his voice say as we walked out the restaurant, grabbing my keys on the way out.

"Was that-"

"Yeah" i said quietly, starting up the car.

I drove to the park I planned on taking her before dinner was ruined.

"I promise we'll have a redo" I told her turning to her on the park bench.

"No it's fine, watching you punch him was sexy as hell" she said leaning into me.

"You hungry?" I asked her after sitting watching the water glisten in front of us.

"No, I do want some ice cream tho" she said pointing to the truck beside us.

"Come on" i told her, walking towards the truck.

"So tell me about your childhood" I told her as we both ate from our ice cream cones.

"It was good... my mom always made my days eventful for me and my sister.. life was great until my dad came home from the military and decided to find pleasure in his daughter.

One day momma found him in the act and damn near left him with a inch of his life. But ever since then it's been hard for me to really be happy.. but that's changed ever since I've been with you that is" she said, instantly making me smile.

"I'm so sorry that happened to you. I appreciate you so much. Who would've known a nineteen year old would make my old ass this happy?" I asked squeezing her cheek.

"Beyoncé stop it, you're only twenty-two" she said rolling her eyes.

"Still a old lady if you ask me" I said standing to me feet. It was getting later then expected. Sad that our time was coming to a end I knew we would be able to do this again sooner or later.

☀︎︎

"Bye yoncé" she said hugging her short arms around my waist.

"Bye booty" I replied, gripping her ass and giving it a light tap.

"I- I love you.. and I know it's early in the relationship but-" i cut her off holding my hand up.

"No." I said watching her facial expression change.

"No?" She asked and I nodded.

"I love you. I wanted to say it first but you beat me to it. Get out of my head tanya" I told her watching her face soften.

"I was gonna cry myself to sleep, I thought you were saying no to me saying I love you" she said and I chuckled shaking my head.

"Well I love you too. I'll see you in a couple days" she said and I nodded watching her walk into the house before blowing me a kiss.