we've gotta find peace of mind.

Onika T. Maraj
Times Square, Manhattan, New York

It'd been a long 28 hours and I was definitely going crazy

It'd been a long 28 hours and I was definitely going crazy. Like I couldn't fathom even the thought that the sick ass man had my baby sister and there wasn't remotely anything I could do about it.

He disappeared without a trace. He was good but I had better people. Between me and Beyoncé we had connects that could get us to a lot of places. My only thing was that I didn't want law enforcement to get involved yet just incase things got a little ugly.

It wasn't anything NYPD could do anyways. They wouldn't even be able to put out a amber alert until she's been missing for 72 hours and I know without a doubt that we'd have her by then.

If we didn't all hell would break loose and I would be the person to make it happen.

"Wayne do we have any updates?" I asked as I paced around my living room.

"Nothing, I just got off the phone with my friend that works with the traffic light cameras." he told me and I nodded walking away and into my room.

Thankful to the traffic camera guy we saw Mathew with ming. They were headed east but that's all the viable information we had.

The thing that was really irritating me was the fact that my mom hadn't even noticed ming was gone. Or even cared enough to check up to see if she was okay.

When we came out of this I'd take her to court and get full custody of my baby. She didn't deserve that at all and I refused to let it happen right before my eyes and not do anything about it.

I heard keys jiggling into the door and soon after it was opened, revealing Beyoncé. My heart warmed at that sweet face. I hadn't seen her since it happened.

She wrapped her long arms around me and i fell into them, I hated pushing her away but I just couldn't help it. My heart was aching too much and with a aching heart came a mean mouth and she didn't deserve that.

"Hey baby love, how've you been holding up? i've missed this face" she smiled softly as she caressed my skin.

"I'm so scared, there's no telling what he's doing to her bey" I cried reaching up for her hand.

"I know mama, we'll figure it out I promise." she kissed my forehead as my eyes grew heavy.

"Don't fight it, you need to sleep. I'll be here when you wake up."

Beyoncé

Onika had finally fallen asleep, I sat there for a while to make sure she wasn't faking. She was such a toddler and had done it plenty of times when she really didn't wanna go to sleep on a school night.

I pulled out my phone to call up the one person besides nika that I could confide in.

"Hey momma, how quick can you get here?" I asked as soon as the dial tone stopped.

"Hey gis, i'm on the way now. talk later?"

"Yeah, see you shortly" I told her before hanging up the phone.

It'd taken her thirty minutes to get to the house since onika wanted to be somewhere that was out of the way.

Once she walked in a wave of relief washed over me. Lord knew how happy I was to see that face that I damn near looked at in the mirror every day.

"What's going on?" she asked after pulling away from the hug we shared.

I gave her the run down and by the time I had finished she was furious.

"How's baby girl holding up?" she asked and there wasn't much I could say, I didn't know myself.

"I didn't know mama was here" I heard a soft voice call out from the top of the staircase.

"Hey my baby, Come sit with me" she patted the little space beside her. Nicki fit like a glove in the small space. She was all up under momma just like she preferred.

We spent the night talking until my loud ringtone rang through through the house startling everyone.

"Hello?" I answered the unsaved number.

"Hey, it's brent. I know what mathew is doing and where he's at. Don't call back this number i'll call you tomorrow at 10am, Don't miss the call or you'll never get her back." Brent said and my eyes grew wide.

The line ended and all I could do was wait.

                                          𖤏

Life has really been kicking my ass so no excuse as to why i've been inconsistent lmao.

Two more chapters left, really bitter sweet ngl.