reality has to be a dream.

Onika T. Maraj
Times Square, Manhattan, New York

I was already having a bad morning, every month my cycle was hell for me and for five days straight I was the biggest baby to walk the planet

Initially I wouldn't even get out the bed except to shower and maybe eat but I promised ming that we'd go to the park so there was no getting out of that.

"Beyoncé" I called, shaking her until she woke up. I was tired of being up by myself and needed her company.

"What's wrong?" she asked rubbing the sleep out her eyes and lifted her head just enough to see me at the end of the bed.

"I'm bored and I want some pasta really bad" I pouted, every month I was craving something different and this month it happened to be pasta.

"Baby there's nowhere with pasta out this way" she chuckled but I hadn't found nothing funny.

Tears soon came to my eyes, I hated not being taken serious. "Why're you crying? I didn't even tell you no yet." she said crawling over to where I sat crying.

"You basically told me no though, can you please go to outback and get me the alfredo and blooming onions?" I asked sweetly, making sure to add on a cute smile. I knew I would be eating my food soon, she never told me no to my face.

"Okay nika, what all do you have to do today?" she asked as she threw on cloth nike shorts and her nike sandals along with the nike tech i bought her a while ago.

"We gotta take ming to the park and to get ice cream remember? she's still pretty upset I moved and it isn't really helping that momma is giving her a hard time." I told her rolling back on top of my heating pad.

"What're you doing?" She asked, watching me pull the covers over my head.

"Going to sleep, you didn't think I was going with you did you?" I asked, peeking from under the cover.

"I did but i'll be back" she blew me a kiss and walked out the door.

𖤏

I watched bey walk back to the car with ming in tow. We were about to go to the park and let her run around for a hour. She begged my mom to spend the night with me so that's what she'd be doing.

I got a kick out of her carrying the backpack on her back which was as big as her. "Hey ni" she cheesed, her dimples coming into view.

"hey lil mama" i leaned back to leave a kiss on her cheek which resulted in a fit of giggles.

"Put on your seatbelt, you ready to go to the park?"

"Yes! I even put today on my calendar but mommy had to help me cause I didn't know how to spell park" She explained, digging into her backpack as i pulled out the driveway.

"Look what I drew for you nika" she said reaching out with the piece of paper as far as her little arm would let her.

"This is so prettyyy ming" i told her as i stopped at a red light, able to full analyze the stick figures of me and her holding hands.

I tuned out ming and Beyoncé's conversation as I pulled into the park. If I payed too much attention to their goofy conversations then I would only grow a headache.

We all got out the car and I immediately latched onto beys hand and as soon as I reached to grab ming's hand her feet picked up and she zoomed away from where we stood.

"MING" I called out, I gained a few looks but I didn't care. She knew better than to run away like that.

"Yes?" she asked as she skipped back to us.

"What did we talk about?"

"That I shouldn't go anywhere without asking first" she whispered.

"Exactly so don't let it happen again, you can go now. Stay where we can see you. I love you" I earned a quick 'I love you' back and she ran away towards the big green slide.

We made our way to the bench that sat in front of everything and immediately laid my head in beys lap.

"Your stomach?" She asked and I nodded feeling her hand rub small circles on my stomach.

I felt something completely different turn in my stomach, I quickly sat up and looked around.

"Where's ming?" I asked beyoncé looking over the park again.

"She was literally just right there on the swings." she jumped up running to the blind spot of the park.

I followed behind her and my heart race picked up, she was nowhere to be found. There was no way someone snatched her up in broad daylight and nobody said anything.

But it seems as that was what exactly happened, I walked away and pulled out my phone calling the police.

I handed the phone to bey as soon as they answered I suddenly felt so sick to my stomach. I emptied everything onto the patch of grass in front of me.

My worst fear was coming true in real life and there was not much I could do.