Staying In The Land Of Waves

A/N

I choose to include an image of the Naruto worlds map so you have a better idea on locations

Once we packed up we continued on our way East towards the Land Of Waves. "I wonder if we could get into the Land Of Waves before the end of the day?" I muttered to myself "We'll probably get to the boarder of The Land Of Rivers and The Land Of Waves" I heard Sasuke say "Huh?" I responded to what Sasuke had said "You said you wondered if we will be iin the Land Of Waves" Sasuke responded "Oh, you heard that" I said a little embarrassed.

"I've noticed that it's became even hotter since we left Suna" Sasuke seemed to have muttered while looking up at the sky "Well summer is just about to start" I responded "Huh? What's the date?" Sasuke asked "June 1st" I stated without second thought. Sasuke just stopped waking "Are you are ok?" I asked going next to him "Itachis' birthday is on the ninth..." Sasuke seemed to say in a more sad tone "Do you want to do anything or..?" I asked trying not to seem rube or make things worse.

"But we would have just arrived at your cousins house" Sasuke said quickly "Sasuke-Kun, I never told them when I was coming, besides if you want to do something I'm sure my cousins would understand, they are brothers who are very close" I told Sasuke "But how would we tell them" Sasuke said worried "Well you can say it was his birthday, I'm sure they'll understand" I tried to reassure him "I'll pay my respects in the Land Of Whirlpools. The Uchiha have a hide out near there" Sasuke said before his eye's widened again "Wait, it's June 1st?" He asked, I nodded slowly

"Shit, I forgot" He said in shock "Huh?" I was confused "As odds would have it, my mothers birthday is today" He explained

(A/N: Itachis' birthday is June 9th and Mikotos' is on the 1st of June; I was shocked when I found out)

I stood there in shock, trying to process what he just said "I guess you should pay your respects, I'm sure there is a shrine or something nearby" I muttered, but completely unsure on what do to, this is a personal topic for him. "We could try to go to Hakus' and Zabuzas' grave, but it seems disrespectful, do you have a map of The Land Of Rivers or Land Of Waves" Sasuke offered. I nodded and got out a map from my bag. "What luck, there is a shrine near here, about two hours away, it's North East from here, depending on weather and terrain we might be able to get to Tazunas' house" I said, Sasuke nodded.

We continued to the shrine and were in front of the structure, I stood still and looked over at Sasuke, he took a deep breath before going onto his knees and started to pay his respects. I sat there for a minute before choosing to stand back and left Sasuke in peace, however I decided to pay my respects to Neji, after several minutes I slowly went back to Sasuke, he was still on his knees. He slowly started to stand up, when he turned to face me my heart stopped, ran to Sasuke and hugged him. He had tears going down his cheeks, he wrapped his lone arm around me tightly "Sasuke-Kun, it's ok" I whispered while trying to comfort him.

"HEY, YOU TWO GO DO THAT ELSE WHERE, HAVE SOME DECENTLY!" I voice yelled, I saw a man, probably in his late forties marching towards us. Both Sasuke and I looked at the man confused "I'm sorry, but whats wrong with comforting someone?" I asked "Don't lie to me missy, you were making out or something!" the man yelled at us. Sasuke had now had his face looking at the man "Do you just assume if and female and a male are hugging, or even making contact they are indulging in something sexual?" Sasuke questioned, his voice completely breaking, even someone who's never heard Sasuke can tell, I could also see that he was still had some tears. The man stopped in his tracks "Gormen, you wouldn't know how often couples as young as you make out and what not here. It's just that you were hugging and the young gentleman had his head on the young woman's shoulder, and well, after looking after this shrine since I was 19 I kinda assume now, sorry for the misunderstanding" The man said while bowing. The man walked away again leaving Sasuke and I alone.