who are you

aurora's pov:

i woke up at 8:37 in the morning, to the bright sunlight hitting my face through my window. although summer is over, the warm sunlight still wakes me up each morning.

it seemed really weird waking up in a new house. i had just moved into a new town with my family, i hadn't wanted to leave my friends behind or even my old school. it sounds weird to say that even though i hate school, i don't want to go to a different one and leave my town behind.

even though i had a pretty perfect life, once we moved i felt so drained and unhappy, so i'm determined to make my life better again and start over in a way. i want to make friends before i start in my new school so i'm not alone on the first day.

i have always been a bit shy but i never really struggle to make new friends, for me that part is pretty easy.

i got out of bed and started to get ready for the day. i put my long brown hair into a messy bun on top my head. i went over to my new vanity that had light bulbs all around the mirror. i pulled out concealer, blush, and mascara from my makeup case. i wanted to have a natural makeup look for today, so i got started. i put concealer underneath my eyes and a little bit on my forehead. i put mascara on my long eyelashes and put some blush on next.

i was about to go downstairs to make myself breakfast when someone barged into my room, it was my brother jack asking where his skateboard was. my older brother skateboards a lot and back home all my friends always had a big crush on my brother and i never understood why.

"how would i know, does it look like i skateboard?" i said to him as be glared at me, "make sure to walk zara, she hasn't been walked since we moved and i'm to busy to do it myself bye!" my brother said, before i could refuse, i watched as he ran out my room and down the stairs. zara is our family dog that we love so much, she is 5 years old but still acts like a puppy, she has to be walked 3-4 times a week and since we have been busy moving, we havent walked her yet this week.

i went downstairs and grabbed yogurt and berries out of the fridge, i laughed a little as zara came running towards me waiting to snatch a couple berries. as soon as i finished my yogurt, i got zara's leash and collar, yelled upstairs to my parents that i was going out, and i grabbed my phone and left.

the nice fall breeze hit my face as soon as i walked out the door. zara was excited to walked around since she hadn't all week, and i think she enjoyed walking somewhere different. i walked all around the new neighbourhood with zara and i slightly slowed my pace as i saw 3 teenage boys in the distance.

i fixed my hair and walked closer and closer to them, and i walked pass them when i heard one of them say something, who were they talking to, wait were they talking to me??

i turned around as they approached me, "hey who are you? are you new to this neighbourhood? how old are you? what school are you going to?" i looked confused as they asked me like what seems a million questions, and i guess i looked visibly confused because they stopped talking and introduced themselves one by one.

"hey i'm nick, this is chris and matt!" one of them said cheerfully. "umm hi, im new to this neighbourhood im aurora" i said shyly regretting sounding unsure. "omg are you guys triplets?" i asked also regretting saying it as soon as the words left my mouth. "yess we are, but it's pretty easy to tell us apart" nick laughed. "omg that's so cool, what school are you guys going to?" i asked, secretly hoping they were going to the same one as me so i would at least know someone. and to my luck, chris said sunfield coastal high which was the school i was going to!

"umm i have to get going but it was really nice meeting you!" i said as i looked at the time. "um hey is it okay if we exchange numbers so we can maybe meet up all together?" nick asked. of course i said yes and then i went home

———————————————————————————
word count: 780