only today

aurora's pov:

i flinched as chris loudly slammed the bedroom door. i felt awful.

it feels as if i'm turning two brothers, who rely on each other, against each other.

"matt, i'm so sorry i-" i said but got interrupted the the loud sound of matt slamming his bedroom door.

i thought about following him but i figured it would just make things worse. i probably sound like such an asshole but i can't help them figure this out, i'll just make everything worse.

i just need to give them some space and time, to figure this out. to be fair, i am the reason they aren't getting along.

a couple minutes later i heard footsteps walking down the hall and towards matt's room, i waited as the door slowly opened.

it was matt.

"i'm sorry i just wanted to make sure he was okay" matt said quickly, "matt, it's fine. do you want me to give you space? i feel like i'm the whole reason you guys aren't getting along i-" i spoke but matt cut me off.

"no you aren't, chris and i just haven't ever gone through something like this, so don't ever think that you're the problem, i promise you aren't. pinky promise." matt said in a calm voice while we locked our pinkies, than he pulled me into a hug.

i hugged him back, and he rested his head on my shoulder as i held him tighter.

a couple seconds later i slowly pulled out of the hug and started to pack my things up, "do you want a drive home?" matt asked politely as i picked up some of the sheets of paper we had been using.

"actually, yes please" i said while i put all my things in my bag.

i saw nick in the hallway and we had a quick conversation than matt and i walked out and got in his car.

he started driving after we both buckled our seatbelts, about a minute later we arrived outside of  my house.

i thanked matt for driving me, and he thanked me for helping him with his work.

i shut the car door and walked up the driveway to my front door.

i grabbed my key from my bag and unlocked the door. i walked inside amd went straight to my bedroom.

i got undressed and went in the bathroom to have a shower.

after i had a nice warm shower, i wrapped myself in a towel and began to blow dry my hair. i brushed my hair once it was dry amd got into sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt.

i put my hair in two french braids so my hair wouldn't get knotted and i walked downstairs to the kitchen.

i made myself a smoothie and i sat down in the living room, on the couch.

i watched this is us one direction documentary, while i drank my smoothie and once i finished it, i put my dishes back in kitchen, and went back to my room.

as i was walking up the stairs i bumped into someone, it was ellie?

"hello? what are you doing here?" i questioned, "hanging out with your brother" she said in a bitchy tone.