toxic and manipulative

matt's pov:

i watched as aurora walked up to her front door, and walked into her house, then i drove off.

how can someone be as perfect as her?" i thought as i drove back home with chris and nick still in the back. we all got out of my car and went inside. "so dude when are you going delete the pics of your crazy ex?!" chris asked sounding irritated and also pissed off, "what why do you care?" i replied, "well your never going to get any girl if you still have your ex on you insta" chris replied.

"like anyone actually cares" i said, "well i'm 99.9% sure that aurora has already looked at your insta and saw the girl, which she probably thought you were dating her or something" nick said sounding like he was on aurora's side. "yea well she could just be a friend" i argued, "REALLY, DO PEOPLE THAT ARE "JUST FRIENDS" KISS?!?!?!!!!" nick yelled at me.

"stop why you gotta yell" i said pissed off, "okay fine im sorry, but just delete or archive them please" nick said making it sound like it was the end of the world if i didn't.

i decided to text aurora to see if she thought that it was just a friend.

rora 👑
————————————-

heyyy

hii what's up

did u think that the girl
on my insta looked like
just a friend?

no

rora why doesn't she
look like just a friend?

i'm not trying to get mad
at u but do people that are
"just friends" kiss?!!

okay i understand where
ur coming from, but i
promise i don't like her,
she is a crazy ex

if she's just a crazy ex,
why tf is she still on ur insta?!
read 8:42 pm

—————————-—————————-——————

i looked up from my phone and chris and nick looked at me waiting for me to say something, "ummm you guys were right" i said quietly, i turned around, walked into my room and shut my door.

i felt my eyes slowly start filling up with tears, as i went onto insta and deleted my pictures with my ex..her name was avery. she may have been pretty but she was toxic and manipulative, and she ruined my life. aurora was right, i think.

i haven't no idea why she was still on my insta until now, it's not like i missed her... i don't think. i know she was an awful person but, was she really as bad as i remeber?! i was lost in my thoughts, when i looked at the time, 9:30 pm, schools tomorrow shit.

aurora was pissed at me for a stupid reason, but i'm still driving her to school tomorrow along with nick and chris.

i walked out of my room and into nick's room. chris was also in there, "im sorry" i apologized to both of them, and just like always, we forgave each other.

"umm i need to tell you guys something" i said quietly, "okay what is it?!" nick asked intrigued, "i think i might still like avery" i replied, the room was silent for a second. "WHAT, NO MATT YOU CANT" nick yelled at me, "no matt, no.. remeber how she treated you and ruined your life?!!!" chris said. "maybe i was exaggerating a little, what if she has changed?" i said while looking at both of them.