eyes on me

matt's pov:

i was so surprised as i read the email from
mr.monroe, aurora was actually going to tutor me so that means i have an excuse to hangout with her more, even though that means more time of schoolwork.

i got up and went over to nick's room to tell him about the email, but i don't think i should tell chris, at least not right away, because i think he still likes aurora. and in a way it could be rubbing it in his face but yet again i don't want him to get upset that i hid something from him.

i opened nick's door and quickly walked in. "nick guess what" i said excitedly, "whattt???" nick questioned, i saw his face change from resting bitch face to a mix of interest and excitement.

"well it's not that big of a deal...but aurora is going to be my tutor for stem and that means we get to hangout more after school" i said with an excited voice, "yay, wait but don't you have to actually do work?!" nick questioned, "i meann...i do but at least i get to see her more" i said.

"see who more?" a voice asked, it was chris. damn it, he walked in so now he's gonna know, i mean it's not like i'm trying to rub it in his face and after all i didn't choose for aurora to be my tutor.

"oh well...umm...the tutor that i'm gonna have for stem is..umm...aurora" i stuttered, i didn't want to make him feel bad or make it seem like i was trying to brag or rub it in his face.

i watched as he smiled, "that's great, that means you have more time to..um... be together" chris said with a smile. i could tell chris was hurt, the smile was fake and nick knew it too.

"okay...well i gotta go so i'll see you later..um...bye" he said then turning around and walking out the room. oh my god i feel so bad, i know he is trying his best to be happy for me, because that's chris, always putting others before him.

i just feel guilty, i know i probably seem like a total asshole for continuing to start something with aurora even though chris liked her, but i didn't choose for him to like her and i've liked her since we first met. i mean i totally understand why chris liked her and could possible still like her.

i looked down at my phone and saw i had a text from aurora.

rora 💜
—————————-

hey did you get an email
about me tutoring you?

uh yes
are you fine with that?
or do you want me to
ask to switch, it's totally fine
if you are busy or just
don't wanna do it i
understand

no actually im excited
to tutor you, i mean after all
more time to hangout

yea more time to hangout
okay
when do you want
to start?

does tomorrow work? i'm
sorry i just want to have an
early start because i really
need to get a good mark on these
tests

of course that's what i'm for,
so i can't at my house because my
brothers friends are coming over and
they are so annoying

do you want to come over
tomorrow after school?

sure i have to go right now
but i'll see you tomorrow

okay see you tomorrow
read 5:30 pm

————————————————————————