the way it has always been

aurora's pov:

i took another deep breathe, and saw someone come to answer the door, it was matt.....

as soon as matt opened the door he looked right into my eyes for a split second, and then he had a look of concern.

"oh no rora what's wrong?!" matt said in a really concerned voice, i felt tears start to pour down my cheeks and as much as i wanted to, i couldn't help it.
matt seemed like the only person i wanted to talk to right now.

matt looked into my puffy eyes once again and then pulled me in for a hug. it was a long hug. even though i haven't known him for that long, his hug was still so comforting, like i never wanted it to end.

"hey come in, i'll get you some water" matt said in a deep voice.

the moment i walked in his house, it felt like home, it felt almost like i have been here before.

just then matt brought me to the kitchen and got me a glass of water, i took a drink. it actually made me feel a lot better and my throat wasn't so dry anymore.

matt took a deep breathe "hey do you want to come with me to pick up chris and nick from a friends house, and after that i can drive you back to my house so you can get into your car and drive back to your house?" he asked.

"suree and i'm so sorry, i shouldn't of come over to disturb you. i'm sorry." i said with tears in my eyes "no, no don't even worry about it, i'm glad you came!" matt said looking into my eyes "....."

"okay now let's go pick them up" matt said, and with that we got in his car.

he was blasting miss me by yung pleit (their intro song lmao) and we were having fun and screaming along to the song, until we approached a smaller house in a forested area, along with a couple other small houses.

i guess matt could see i looked concerned and scared. "don't worry our friend elmer lives here, he likes living in a less secluded area, he doesn't like living in modern areas" he said in a calm voice. "okay" i replied

not too long after i saw nick and chris walking towards us in the distance, once they approached the car, they got in and we drove off.

"heyy wassup" chris said, i didn't reply i just laughed.

i laughed because right before they got into matt's car, matt said that chris would either say hey wassup, or something along the lines of that.

"hey so i should get you home" matt said awkwardly, "why do you have to be so awkward matt?!" chris asked, "what do you want me to do? juggle" matt replied and nick and i started laughing hysterically.

i liked that i was finally getting know the triplets better, and that i have finally made pretty great friends since i have moved to this town.

"here you are" matt said in a fancy but funny voice as a joke, "thank you so much for driving me" i said politely

"no problem anytime" matt said, "hey one more thing, chris, matt and i are going to get lunch tomorrow at mollyscape restaurant, do you want to come with us?" nick asked waiting for a reply. " yess i've been wanting to go there since i moved here" i said happily. "great we'll pick you up at 12:30 pm tomorrow!" see you then!!

"byeeee" i called out to the brothers as i left their car and got in mine.

matt's pov:

"dude, literally why do you have to make it so damn obvious that i like her" i said in a loud tone as i got out of my car. "what do you mean" chris asked sounding a bit offended, "why do you have to be so awkward matt!" i said quoting what he had said not long ago, and i raised my voice in frustration, "alright matt i'm sorry, i'm sorry for making it obvious that you like her, but i don't think she knows , she seems so unbothered and clueless" chris said, i stayed silent.

"okay fine maybe she doesn't know but if you keep making jokes and saying things like that, i know she's going to figure it out, she's not stupid chris" i said but speaking quieter this time.

"okay whatever matt i get it" chris said. i watched him turn around, walk into his room and shut the door.

"you know you don't have to be so hard on him" nick said, "what do you mean?" i asked confused.

"well he knows how much you like her even though you just met her, and we see the way you look at her, you look at her like she has diamonds in her eyes" nick said, "goodnight matt" he said before walking away, "night" i called out.

maybe i was being to hard on chris, i shouldn't let a girl get in between us, i mean we are extremely close, that's the way it has always been, me, nick, and chris.

———————————————————————————

word count: 871