butterflies

aurora's pov:

as i was walking home, i started to wonder why i had butterflies as i was talking to them. i mean i don't date people that's just not my thing, and i never like people i don't even know yet.

i approached my new house, "it's actually not bad" i thought, ever since we moved i just focused on the bad parts. i never really realized how beautiful our new house actually is.

as i was admiring the large house that was in front of me, i felt hands on my shoulders and jumped. ahhh!!! i yelled, "calm down it's just me" my mom said in a calm voice. it turns out she had been gardening all around the house and i just hadn't noticed her.

"how was the walk?" she asked me, "it was pretty good, all the houses are so beautiful!" i replied. "that's good, did u meet anyone?" my mom asked in a hopeful voice, "actually i met 3 guys, matt, chris, and nick!"

"that's amazing hunny, i invited this really nice lady that i met over for dinner tonight so be home for 4:30 pm" she said sounding happy.

4:30 was arriving quicker then i expected, so i started to straight my long brown hair, and changed into a cute outfit. a light brown crop top with cream coloured loose fitting jeans.

i wanted to make a good impression because i knew this was important for my mom and i couldn't mess this up for her.

4:30 arrived and i heard a quiet knock on the door downstairs, i rushed downstairs, fixed my hair and opened the door.

to my surprise it was a nicely dressed lady around my moms age, with 3 guys. it took me a second to realize it was matt, chris, and nick!!! i got butterflies as i opened the door wider and let them in, and they all smiled in sync with each other.

i have no idea why i got butterflies once again, this is so unlike me. i promised myself after i broke up with my ex boyfriend, that dating wasn't for me and since then i haven't even thought once about liking someone. i haven't even gotten butterflies since that, so why was i getting them for guys i don't even know yet?!

matt, chris, and nick all introduced themselves one by one to both of my parents, and my parents seemed really happy with the new friends i have managed to make.

i walked over to my mom that was in the kitchen making dinner, "why don't you go upstairs and show the boys your room!" my mom said infront of the triplets and now i couldn't refuse. i didn't want to show them my room, i feel like they were going to judge me. i shot my mom a glare, "okay fine" i said walking towards the stairs, with all of them trailing behind me.

we walked up the stairs in silence, i was thinking about all the possible things they could say about my room. i know it's not that big of a deal, i just feel like for me, my room is the place i can escape reality.

a deep voice broke the silence, it was matt "we won't judge you for your room if that's what your scared of" he said a little shyly. "okay i'm sorry i never really show people my room unless i'm close with them, it's kinda like my place to escape reality" i said scared of what they thought of me. "oh i totally understand" nick said in an understanding voice.

i slowly opened the door to my room

"i'm sorry it's not finished yet i want to change a couple things but that's what i have gotten done so far" i said "WOW AURORA YOUR ROOM IS AMAZING ITS SO COOL!!" nick said in a genuine tone, "woah this is so cool" matt and chris said but actuall...

"i'm sorry it's not finished yet i want to change a couple things but that's what i have gotten done so far" i said "WOW AURORA YOUR ROOM IS AMAZING ITS SO COOL!!" nick said in a genuine tone, "woah this is so cool" matt and chris said but actually meaning it. 

"dinners ready!" my mom called from downstairs, and with that we went downstairs for dinner.

———————————————————————————
word count: 645

i'm sorry i've been busy today and this chapter is kinda short, i'll be making the chapters i write longer when i have more time to write them