i love you for infinity

aurora's pov:

when i got home i walked up to my house, and took a deep breath before opening the door, and to my surprise my parents have terrified and worried looks on their faces.

i was confused, i literally told them that i was going for a drive, and that i would be back home before 8:30pm and it's 7:54pm i don't see the problem.

"hello?" i said in a confused tone, i spoke again "what's wrong? did i do something?" i asked still confused, no one replied, it was just silence, i was starting to get scared. my parents never act like this unless somethings really wrong.

"honey" my dad said breaking the silence, "your mom and i had to take zara to the vet... we saw that she wasn't eating, or drinking... and she looked like she was in pain" my dad said with pain in his eyes, i could feel my eyes starting to tears up. "she's going to be okay... right?!?!" i asked sounding terrified, because to be honest i was. the room stayed silent, just then i broke down crying, i could feel the warmth of my tears pouring down my cheeks, and the more i cried, the more i got a pounding headache.

still no one replied, the room was filled with the echoing of me breaking down, i felt myself slowly drifting from reality. i couldn't feel anything but pain, the memories of when we first got zara flashed in my mind, the memories of each time she would come into my room and cuddle up to me each night, all the memories of her were flashing around me, everywhere i looked, i saw her and all the memories.

"honey!!!!!!" i heard my mom yell at me in a panicked tone, as she was shaking me quite aggressively. "i understand this is so hard, i understand that this is a lot to take in, i know how much she means to you. she means so much to all of us, i know we can't understand your connection to her." my mom said breaking down in tears too.

"MOM!!!!" i yelled, i didn't mean to yell, i just couldn't help it, i couldn't feel anything around me. "can i see her?!?!" i asked really really panicked while still crying an unhealthy amount.

"yes you can, we are going to see her tonight, then we have to say goodbye, honey she has a condition where her body can't hold in food or water, and she will be in pain until her body eventually shuts down completely" my dad said as he started to cried a lot just like the rest of us.

"what i'm saying is, we have to put her down, tonight-" i didn't even let him finish talking, i just screamed in pain, and cried even more then before, i didn't know it was even possible to cry this much.

"so that's goodbye forever?" i asked, not wanting to hear the answer. the room was silent for a second, "yes" my mom said quietly, almost like she didn't want to believe it herself.

tears were still pouring down my puff cheeks, and then jack pulled me in for a big hug, we didn't let go of eachother for a long time. we were both crying still.

"cmon... let's go" my dad said sounding weak and drained.

we all got in the car, and the whole car ride there was silent, i don't think any of us wanted to except that this was reality.

as we pulled into the dimly lit parking lot, tears were still falling down my cheeks slowly. we all walked up to the door, and walked in.

"mark and lauren blaine" a young woman called out from behind the front desk. "yes" my mom and dad answered, "just this way" she said calmly. "just in this door, and we will let you guys have as much time as you need to say your goodbyes" she said sympathetically.

we all walked into the next room, and we all started crying, my parents were right, zara didn't look her usual self, she looked like she was in a lot of pain. "how could i have not noticed?!" i said mad at myself for not noticing. "it's not your fault aurora, none of us knew, and you can't blame yourself" my dad said sounding mad and extremely sad at the same time.

we all cuddled and hugged zara, then we took separate turns saying goodbye to her, and lastly it was my turn, i was going to be one of the last people to say goodbye to her.

i walked up to her crying, "i'm sorry zar, i know you don't want to see me like this" i said to her, with tears pouring down my cheeks, the part that broke my heart the most was, she looked confused, how can i have let this happen.

zara licked my hand, and then tried licking my face. "i'm so sorry i let this happen zar, i promised you from the start that i would always be here for you, and that i would always protect you at all costs... thank you so much for being here at some of the hardest times in my life" i cried.

she was kissing my face now, i was hugging her and crying.

"i will always remember you, even though some people don't believe that you can understand me, i know you can, your one that i have ever loved the most, i hope that you know, that i will love you for infinity.

i cried even more and more, those were my last words ever to her.

"it's going to be okay rora... i promise...i know she'll never forget you" jack said as he looked down at me with tears in his eyes.

i pulled him in for a hug, i just broke down and next thing i know, my legs collapse.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

"what happened?" i asked sounding panicked.

"you passed out from crying too much" a deep voice said, "i'm so sorry about zara" another voice said, "yea me too i feel awful, i know this is hard, and this is what everyone says, but it will get better i promise" someone else said.

then i realized, it wasn't just voices, it was nick, matt, and chris.

i started to look around and that's when i noticed, i was in someone's arms, they were holding me in a way i felt safe, it was matt...

i felt my eyes start to water again, and i started to feel tears fall slowly down my cheeks, just like before. i didn't want them to see me cry, when i cry it's not pretty, i'm an ugly crier, but what does that matter.

i guess they started to realize that i was crying, because they started comforting me, and matt held me in his arms even tighter.

———————————————————————————

word count: 1188

i'm so sorry i wanted to post another chapter, and i promise the next chapter i make will have the triplets in it more