part five

first day of filming

Aurora

"Alex, the car is here for us!" I shout.

It's 5:00am and I'm am needed on set at 6am for makeup and wardrobe. We still have to go pick up Lexi and I am feeling extremely anxious. Alex and Nick come out of the small kitchen and put on their coats. We all head down and see the car is waiting for us in the front of the building.

A man who seems to be in his mid 30s is waiting by the car, arms crossed in front of him. I smile at him as we approach and he smiles back, "Ms. Gomez?"

I nod, "Please, just call me Rory."

He nods in response and opens the door for me, "Of course, Rory. My name is Erick. I understand we're making a stop before heading to location."

Nick and Alex get in the car and I stay talking to Erick, "Yes, please. Let me give you the address."

He pulls out his phone and types Lexi's address into his phone before clicking on directions, "Ah, it's close to set. Perfect."

I get in the car and he closes the door behind me. Alex and Nick look around the car and raise their eyebrows at me.

"This is really nice," Nick whispers to me.

I can't help but giggle and Alex interlaces his hand with Nick's. I feel my heart flutter a little and remember when Harry told me about what they wanted for the music video. I wonder if he'll be okay with them showcasing their love while he's shooting a music video about his heartbreak. I try not to think about it and lean my head against the window. Harry and I had a great time at lunch that day. After he told me what the video was about, we ate in a comfortable silence. Like we mutually agreed it was okay not to talk.

I didn't mind it. It gave me time to go over the script in my head and figure out what direction I wanted to go in with this character. After that day, we haven't spoken besides the emails he would send about updates and how to get in contact with my driver, Erick. I begin to grow a little nervous. What if they don't want me for the role anymore? Can they fire me just because? I had Alex and Nick look over my contract before signing it and they both agreed it was a good deal. The pay was reasonable and I didn't have to do anything I wasn't comfortable doing. I met my fake boyfriend for the video two days ago when I went in to turn in the contract. He seemed nice. I think his name was Dylan.

My phone vibrates and I see it's a text from my father. It's four in the morning back in Chicago so I assume he's getting up for work. I read his text and my fingers hover over the keyboard, unsure of what to reply. His text is simple, it reads:

Heard you've got an acting job.

Our conversations never seem to stay civil for long and I don't want to start my first day of filming angry at my father. I decide not to reply just yet and put my phone away, looking back out the window. I see Lexi's building and I smile to myself. Erick stops in front of the building and I say, "I'll text her."

Rides here.

She texts back almost immediately.

Running down there now. I'm so excited!

I smile at her text and picture Lexi running to the elevator. I stifle a laugh and look out the window, waiting for her to appear. Not too long after, I see Lexi walking out with a huge smile on her face. Erick and I get out of the car at the same time. He goes around and smiles at me, "I've got it, Rory."

I nod and embrace Lexi then we both get inside the car. Alex and Nick have moved to the back so Lexi and I can sit together. Erick closes the door behind us then gets back to the wheel, driving us to set.