part six

second day of filming

Harry

Aurora and I are walking the streets of New York, a camera man following close behind. Just like I mentioned to her before, we're close together but drifting apart. I glance at her and watch as she avoids eye contact, just like Lucas instructed.

Once we get the footage Lucas needs, we stop and wait for him to review it. Aurora goes to her brother and Nick, laughing at something they said. I head over to Lucas and watch some of the footage with him. He makes notes and pretends not to notice me.

"I'm thinking for the next scene we have Aurora's fake boyfriend and her walking through this same street. We're getting all the street shots today to get that out of the way," he says scrolling through his iPad.

"Sounds good," I say, glancing at her. "How many more days of filming do we have left?"

"I'm thinking another three days. We'll shoot street scenes today, including you sulking around New York. We'll shoot the bar scene tomorrow, you sulking in the penthouse the day after, and the final days will just be any reshoots and anything else I can think of," Lucas says scrolling through his iPad.

I nod and pat his back. I head towards Aurora and her brother, "Hey, just wanted to let you know what Lucas has planned for the next couple of days."

Aurora nods and he brother retreats with Nick. "So, what does Mr. Lucas have planned for the next few days?"

I smile, "Well, we'll be bringing in your fake boyfriend in a few moments. Lucas will have you act all in love and I'll appear in the background, like discussed. We'll shoot the bar scene tomorrow so be ready to drink. Also be prepared to yell at me. Like you mean it."

She laughs at this, "Oh Harry, I will have no problem yelling at you. I'm actually scared I might enjoy it a little too much."

I laugh at her response, "You're sort of evil, you know that? We'll be shooting tomorrow's scenes at night. Filming starts at 8:00pm so be here at least two hours earlier. The day after that you'll most likely rest. I'll film some scenes then on the final day, we'll do reshoots Lucas may need and we'll be done."

I can see some paparazzi across the street, taking their pictures. Aurora notices and smiles up at me, "How is it that they find you everywhere you go?"

I shrug, "Tips, sometimes people on my team will give them a heads up on where I'll be if we need some good publicity. I think Lucas might've called them today. He likes there to be buzz around his projects."

She laughs again, "Ah yes, that does sound like Lucas."

I laugh with her and put my hands in my front pockets. "You know, Rory, this will open a lot of doors for you. Lucas can put out a good word, so can I. You'll have directors knocking on your front door when this comes out."

"When are you planning to release the video? Not that I'm impatient but there are a couple people I can't wait to show this to," she smiles.

I smile back at her, "It'll be mid–October. Lucas won't release this video until it meets his standards. Besides, the album comes out until December so it'll be the lead single."

"I still can't believe this is real. I never thought I'd actually have a shot at my dream. It's sort of been out of reach for me this whole time," she sighs.

"You underestimate yourself, Rory," I say, shaking my head.

"Maybe," she replies, squinting against the bright sun. "Lexi and I were talking last night and we think it'd be fun if we all go out tonight."