part twelve

October 14th
Music video released

Harry

"Okay, Gemma just texted. She's just waiting on her luggage," my mum says shoving her phone back into her coat pocket.

I nod and lead my mum to the baggage claim. I hold her hand and keep her close, trying not to shove past too many people. Just as we reach baggage claim, we see Gemma heading towards us. She looks exhausted but happy nonetheless.

"Mum, Harry," she says, giving us each a hug when she reaches us.

Mum brushes her hair out of her face and kisses Gemma's cheek.

"How was your flight, hun?"

"I'm exhausted. There was a kid that kept kicking my seat throughout the flight. I hardly got any shut eye," she complains.

I take her luggage and lead them to the car.

"Well you can sleep once we get to my place. Everyone will arrive at seven tonight so you have all day to catch up on sleep," I say as we exit the airport.

She smiles cheekily at me, "Will I finally meet the famous Aurora mum keeps talking about?"

I roll my eyes and side glance my mum.

"Really mum?" I sigh.

Mum shrugs, "I can't help it. You two talk everyday and don't think I didn't notice you left last night to see her."

I feel my face heat up and I walk a step faster than them so they won't notice. I unlock my car and arrange Gemma's suitcases in the back. I can hear her giggle like a schoolgirl as she gets in the car. I open the passenger side door for my mum and shake my head at her as she gets in. Once I'm in the driver's seat, Gemma says, "Oh god, Harry. I can't wait to see her."

"Shut up, Gem. I can still cancel the whole thing," I say as I drive off.

I can see mum smile from the corner of my eye. It's been months since the three of us have been together. Often times I forget to ensure I have free time to see them. We talk and FaceTime but we hardly see each other face to face.

Mum lives alone in London and Gemma just moved to Manchester with her boyfriend. I tried to get Gemma to move back to London, even offered to buy her a house just so she can be closer to mum, but with Gemma's job, Manchester is the more reasonable choice. Mum insists it's okay I'm always on the road and says she's not lonely but I can't shake the feeling. I hate her living alone in London.

"Oh don't be silly, Harry. We can't wait to meet her. Right, mum?" Gemma eggs on.

Mum nods, "Yeah, it's about time."

"She's just a friend," I say defensively.

Gemma chuckles and mum looks back at her then grabs my hand.

"Nobody said otherwise, honey," mum says as she squeezes my hand.

"Yeah, Harry. We're not saying she's your girlfriend. We just want to meet her since you two are such great friends," Gemma says resting her head on the window.

I roll my eyes at them both as I drive.

"I shouldn't have flown you out," I say, jokingly.

"Please, you've probably been bored without me," Gemma counters.

"I've missed my babies," mum says.

"Mum, stop," we both say at the same time.

Mum just smiles but never let's go of my hand. I caress the back of her hand with my thumb and spare her a glance. She has her eyes shut but she's smiling and it makes my heart hurt a little more. Maybe I can convince mum to move to Manchester so she can be near Gemma while I'm away. I know Gemma won't mind. She tried hard to get transferred to London but after five failed attempts, there wasn't much she can do.