part thirteen

November 23rd

Aurora
I sit on my couch with my phone in front of me. My legs bounces up and down as I anxiously wait for the most important call of my life to come through. After the video was released last month, Olivia Wilde called me the next day saying she loved my performance in Harry's video and offered me an audition for her movie.

I filmed an audition for her that I spent hours perfecting and Lexi sent it over. Olivia said she'd be in touch. She called on the fourteenth and said she wanted me to act out a different scene before making a decision. She said someone else submitted an audition and we were the last two candidates.

Olivia hinted at wanting me for the role and would give me a call today. My flight for Boston is set to leave in three hours so I can spend Thanksgiving with my brother and I have yet to receive a call from Olivia.

I bumped into Lucas a few days back and he mentioned he'd put in a good word for me. I really need this role. I've been working my ass off at the restaurant still and haven't even booked small roles. It's like everything stopped after the video came out. I was hoping doors would open for me quicker than this but Harry insists it'll take time but I don't have time.

There a knock on my door but I don't want to take my eyes off my phone so instead I yell, "Come in!"

Harry comes in whistling but stops when he sees me. He was tossing up his keys in the air but now he sets them down on the kitchen counter.

"Aurora, what the hell are you doing?"

"Waiting."

"For what exactly?"

"Olivia's call."

"She hasn't called you yet?"

I shake my head no, "I'm starting to think she isn't going to."

"Don't say that. She's probably just busy. Come on, let's head to the airport. Traffic is horrible at this hour. It's right on time for the lunch rush."

"I don't want to miss her call."

"That's what voicemail is for, Aurora."

Harry sits beside me and gently nudges my knee with his. I can feel him staring at me but my eyes refuse to move.

"Aurora–"

Harry is cut off by the sound of my phone ringing. I get up quickly and grab the phone, answering immediately.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Aurora. This is Olivia."

"Olivia, hey," I say, trying to sound as casual as possible. I start to bite my thumb nail but Harry smacks my hand away as he stands up next to me. I put a little distance between us and go stand by the kitchen island.

"So, I've been reviewing your audition tapes and I'm so impressed by your talent," she says. I feel my heartbeat quicken and I smile, looking up at Harry. He's smiling back and I feel relief wash over me.

"However–"

No, not however. Fuck.

"As talented as you are, I've decided to go another way. Thank you for auditioning and your patience, Aurora. Good things will come your way."

Just like that my dreams come crashing down. Olivia hangs up, not waiting for me to say anything else. I set my phone down on the kitchen island and I take a seat. Harry makes his way to me.

"Aurora?"

"They went another way," I say almost a whisper.

I feel panic start to rise. My rent went up this month, I'm working as much as I can, I've booked zero fucking roles since the video came out. I feel like everything fell apart. I don't know why. I don't know how.