𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

☾︎

Life turns on little things. The momentous events in history can leave us untouched while small events may shape our destinies.
- 𝐣𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡

☾︎

In the real world, 'once upon a time' and 'happily ever after' do not exist. Only life and death, love and hate, light and dark - and everything in between.

Shadows can hit even the happiest of families. And so it would be for Aurelia's mother. Fate had left her lover heartbroken and her newborn child wailing, waiting for her mother to come back to her.

But she never would.

☾︎

"Take her, my love. Keep her safe."

The passive and daunting forest had the appeal of a forgotten land, which had been lost in blood and anguish. The isolated forest had long remained as a capsule, untouched by the destructive essence of man - until now.

A girl had been born. Rare and beautiful. Eyes the colour of her father's, her small tuft of hair burning the same auburn as her mother's. Perfect, that was the word her parents described her as. And they were right. She was perfect.

They named her Aurelia, it means 'golden'. They both knew, somehow, that they hadn't been blessed with this miracle child for no reason. They hoped that their daughter would grow to match the beauty and kindness of her mother and the toughness and fireyness of her father.

But not all miracles last forever.

"I will not leave you! Not now, not while you're like this-"

"Please. Consider it my final wish to you, and let our daughter be our final miracle."

He spoke no words, there was nothing he could say. Wordless, he nodded helplessly.

"I must leave you now, my love. My power is not strong enough to break this curse of shadows. You must run before he comes for you too. He will not stop coming after you and her if he discovers that Aurelia has my power. Keep yourself safe. Keep little Aurelia safe too. And remember, no one must ever know about her. For your sake, for mine and for hers." She spoke softly, stroking her daughter's head with her shaking hand and kissing her forehead gently.

The shadows were consuming her, slowly and painfully; she knew she did not have long. Passing her bundle of joy over to her love with her weak arms she whispered quietly, "I love you."

He let a tear slip down his cheek. He couldn't save her and they both knew it. But he could save their child.

"I love you, too."

And with that, he turned and ran. He refused to let his emotions overtake him. With his child safe in his arms, he knew this is what his love wanted. He knew that their daughter would be safe with the tames.

After what felt like hours he stopped running as the sight of human territory came into view. He breathed in and out, then his breath hitched in his throat.

'She's dead by now.' He thought, 'Consumed by the dark shadows of that Lord.'

He shook his head. He was the pack leader. He had no time for emotion. He would deliver his child to his love's tame friends. It was her final wish after all.

Besides, he knew he would kill the man that ended his love's life. He would not stop looking for him until he got revenge.

He glanced down at his daughter. She had her mother's eyes.

He turned his baby around carefully and spoke to her gently, "I'm sorry your life had to start like this, little one. But I love you, so does your mother."

The baby started to cry. He sighed and let a tear slip down his cheek. It was as if she knew what had happened to her mother.

Wiping his tears away he rocked his baby in his arms, cooing to her softly until she stopped crying, "Listen, little one," he started turning the baby around so that they were both looking at a decently sized farmhouse, "this is your new home. They will take care of you, I know they will."

The man was never fond of tames, but if his love trusted these tames, so did he. This was an exception he could make.

The baby girl looked up at her father, then suddenly her blue eyes swirled into a golden glow. Her soft skin glowed a shimmering bright light. As bright as the sun. The man smiled at the sight, "You have your mother's touch, I see."

After reaching the bottom of the hill, he stood outside the farmhouse. He knew he had to do this. It wasn't an option not to.

He placed the baby down outside the door and wrapped the handmade shawl around his daughter. A note was embroidered on it, embroidered by the fair hand of the baby's mother.

It read: My dear friends, by the time you read this I will be long gone from this world. This child is my whole world, and if I have ever done anything good, please, take care of my little Aurelia. I know you both have good hearts, and I appreciate the both of you more than you shall ever know. Little Aurelia will not be safe in the wild. I fear that she may hold a power that the pack will never understand. She may possess my power. I fear she is part human, part wolf, and part summoner. Promise me this, dear friends. Aurelia must never know the circumstances of her birth. It would bring ruin on my love and his pack. Words cannot express the amount of gratitude I hold towards you.

Thank you, and goodbye,

Athena

☾︎

𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥,
𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐣𝐚𝐦.
𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐝, 𝐥𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐨
𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭. 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐨.

𝐩.𝐬. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐬.

𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠!
𝐱𝐱