𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

.・。.・゜✭・.

・゜✭・

.・。.・゜✭・.

AFTER HAVING a tour inside the castle and listening to Jeffries' boring talks, it was finally time for lunch. Me, Maddy, Rhydian, Tom and Shannon had found a table outside on another stone balcony which looked out at the island village.

The five of us talked about a plan for how to get the answers to the quiz Jeffries was going to give us the fastest. I took a bite of my sandwich and watched as Rhydian frowned down at his lunchbox. I smiled and handed him the other half of my sandwich. He took it gratefully and wasted no time eating it in three bites - I laughed as he did so.

Once our lunch break was over, it was finally time to get away from the island castle and explore its surroundings.

"Right, we know the answers to questions 12 - 15, so we just need to answer three questions in the village, two in the lime kilns, four on the priory and two on the beach." Shannon explained to us as we walked, carefully examining each question as she spoke.

Me, Maddy and Rhydian were eager to burn off some more energy. The full moon was getting closer by the hour and we were practically bouncing off the walls.

"Okay, then you two take the church and village, and me, Maddy and Lia will do the rest. Sorted!" Rhydian suggested with a slight spring in his step.

"We're a team, we're supposed to get the answers together." Shannon furrowed her eyebrows at his idea. I jogged further down the path and turned around, "Jeffries doesn't care how we get the answers. As long as we get them in time then we're good." I told them, supporting Rhydian's idea.

I could feel the energy buzzing at every nerve inside me and I was too eager to burn it off to think about teamwork.

Maddy hit my arm excitedly, "And if we finish fast enough, we'll have time to go and get ice cream!" I laughed and chased her down the hill, Rhydian following soon after he told Tom and Shannon where we'd meet once we were done.

Once the three of us had left behind the village and the greenery of the field, we reached a rocky beach. We jumped over the large rocks and ran across the smaller ones.

We eventually slowed down and, feeling much better, we got into a chat. Rhydian looked up wistfully at the sky, "This would be a great place to spend a full moon."

"Here?" Maddy questioned from beside me. The blonde nodded, "Yeah. On an island, what could be safer?"

I hummed in thought, "I guess so. Running on the beaches, playing in the ruins," I listed, smiling at the thought, "It would be amazing."

Maddy turned to the two if us, "It would be. But the three of us know that we can't." I nodded in agreement.

"Why not?" Rhydian questioned us as he halted. I sighed, "Despite how epic it would be, its Maddy's first transformation. She needs her family with her. Plus," I started, grimacing in thought, "I highly doubt our parents would approve."