𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

.・。.・゜✭・.

・゜✭・

.・。.・゜✭・.

"I've heard about Eolas."

I frantically searched through the old crooked bookshelf in the den for our book on old myths and legends. Maddy and Rhydian stood behind me as I did so.

I sighed in defeat, when suddenly I spotted it, "Aha!" I grabbed it off the shelf and handed it to the blonde boy. He looked at the cover intently as I spoke, "'The Wild Wolfblood - Myths and Legends.' These books have been in our family for centuries, well, Maddy's family. Most of the stuff in there was believed to be legend but, now we know that most of them are probably true, like Eolas."

He nodded and flipped the pages until he found the page on Eolas. When Rhydian was with his mum, Ceri, a few nights ago, she taught him a wild wolfblood ability - Eolas.

"'Eolas is an extrasensory ability, used by wolfbloods by connecting themselves to the depths of nature.'" He read aloud.

I nodded, "It can be dangerous though if used for too long." Maddy furrowed her eyebrows, "How do you mean?"

Rhydian passed the fragile book back to me and I scanned the page until I found what I was looking for, "'While this ability is known to be beneficial, it can also have some dangers. Thus, if one overuses this extraordinary ability, or adapts a longing for more use of it, one may suffer the downsides of this... which remains unknown.'"

Maddy bit her lip in thought before speaking up and turning to Rhydian, "Can you teach us?"

Rhydian's lips parted, and I shook my head, "It sounds risky."

"Then how come Rhydian's not getting any downsides?" Maddy asked me, raising an eyebrow.

"Maybe because I am part wild wolfblood. Ceri could use it just fine - maybe it's in my genes?" He suggested with a shrug. I hummed in thought, "Sounds about right. It doesn't mention any tames using Eolas anywhere."

A small grin grew on Maddy's face, "Then, why don't we start now?"

She looked at Rhydian with begging eyes. The boy turned to me, as if asking for my permission and after some hesitation, I nodded. I knew the dangers, the three of us did, but there was no harm in trying.

☾︎

"Close your eyes."

The three of us were in the centre of the forest, trees surrounding us, the river running free behind us.

We did as he said. Closing our eyes, he continued, "Relax. Breath. Don't be tense. Just... feel. Feel what's under you, around you. If you can, you'll connect to your oldest instincts, your primal nature. Then, you'll know what Eolas is."