𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

.・。.・゜✭・.

・゜✭・

.・。.・゜✭・.

THE HALLWAYS were buzzing with excitement through the school. All students were instructed to create their own poster board. The theme was family - it was for our art project.

I glanced around the large room and saw students and teachers setting up their boards. Everyone had their own way of expressing their family, which was what made this project so interesting. Parents and family members would be arriving this evening to have a look around and I was looking forward to it.

Beside me, Maddy had just finished pinning her photos onto her board. She had a knack for photography and I was glad that she got to express her skills tonight. The photos held pictures of me, Maddy, mom and dad - she even had some of our cat, Willow, and our animals.

Talk about a furry family.

Somehow, she had managed to make all of the pictures very photogenic. She was also a great editor and spent most of her spare time in her room editing photos for the school newspaper. Her board looked truly amazing.

Shannon was helping Tom finish his board as he rambled on to her about the upcoming football match. He had photos of him and his dad playing football when they were both younger, he even had some drawings from when he was little which made the four of us laugh.

I had strung some fairy lights on mine to light it up for when it got darker, and hung some drawings and paintings I had worked on over the past few weeks from them with string. It wasn't the most outstanding display, but I didn't want anything big.

I was proud of the outcome with my sketches though. (See some examples above) I had done a sketch of mom and dad from when they were younger, one of Mads, one of me and a painting of Astra. I had also taken some photos of Tom, Shan and even Rhydian - though they weren't as impressive as Maddy's.

I clipped on the last drawing and stepped back to admire my work. I glanced over to Maddy to see that she had finished hers also. Though me and Maddy were technically sisters, the teachers thought that it'd be best if we did our own separate boards to 'express our individual talents.'

"Great job, Mads!" I said enthusiastically, giving her a high five, "It looks brilliant."

She smiled, "Thanks, Lia. Your drawings are beautiful too. How did you make me look so good?" She asked with wide eyes as she gently took the sketch I had done of her. I laughed, "It wasn't difficult to make you look pretty, Mads."

"...And we're going to a Man-U game." I hear Tom talking to Shannon behind me. I didn't have to guess who he was talking about, "So your dad isn't on call or anything then?"

He shook his head, "Nope! He promised to make it this time," he glanced at the central photo of him and his dad on his board, "No emergencies, no distractions, just me and my dad."