𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

.・。.・゜✭・.

・゜✭・

.・。.・゜✭・.

THE LEAVES crunched underfoot as the dove-gray clouds gathered in the sky. The frigid air had a way of keeping us in the moment, which was a good thing as the nerves were eating me up as we walked.

Maddy and Shannon were walking up ahead, listening to the complaints of Tom who was trailing beside them. White clouds of air puffed out in front of us every time we took a breath, but were soon washed away by the wind that was becoming harsher.

I hoped that the wind would prevent Maddy from listening in on mine and Rhydian's conversation, "We have to do something." He told me, worry lacing his voice. I nodded in response, "I don't think there's anything we can do. Maybe talk some sense into her and hope that she listens?"

He nodded, "And keep a look out for that wolfblood too."

I bit my lip, deep in thought. The whole situation made me more nervous than I could say, but it was also a good thing. The nerves would give me an edge, making me more likely to pick up on things, like the smell or sound of the wolfblood. I sighed, "What if she doesn't listen? She is completely set on exposing us if the time comes and if she does then..."

He shook his head, "I'll talk to her. I know that she listens to you, but if she sees that this isn't just her decision and that it'll affect me, you, your family, and all other wolfbloods, then maybe she'll change her mind. It'll give her a wider spectrum to look at."

I nodded my head, "Yeah, thank you," I looked up at the sky to see the layers of clouds were thick and they covered the moon and stars completely, "I hope this storm gets to us before the wolfblood does." I commented.

I heard Rhydian's heartbeat pick up, "Storm?" He asked me, fear written on his features. I nodded my head, "Yeah, can you not sense it?"

He didn't reply and just looked up at the sky anxiously. I looked at him carefully for a moment before nudging his arm, "So you're afraid of storms too?"

He looked down at me surprised, "Are you not?"

I shook my head, "No. My parents and Maddy are afraid of them too, I think it's just a wolfblood thing." He furrowed his eyebrows, "Then... why aren't you afraid of them?"

"I would be grateful to have an answer for that, but I've always loved storms. The world is just... quiet from people and all you can hear is the rain and the rumble of thunder." I replied, unknowingly smiling at the thought. He hummed in response, acknowledging my reply, "Even so, I still hate them."

We both chuckled before stopping next to our three friends, "Here's perfect." Shannon squealed, placing the bowl of raw meat on a tree stump. I did a quick walk around the area, sniffing occasionally and listening out for any movement.