𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

.・。.・゜✭・.

・゜✭・

.・。.・゜✭・.

"I'm being stupid, I know," I started, shuffling uncomfortably on the bench next to him, "I know it's normal after the first transformation but, it's just so abnormal to see her treating people like this."

He nodded in understanding, "You're not stupid for feeling like this, Lia. You deserve to be treated better than that... way better."

I smiled a little and wiped my eyes with my sleeve. His words made me feel better, but I couldn't help but ponder on her words. I breathed out a short laugh, "She's not wrong though, is she? Not really..."

Rhydian's head snapped to look at me, "Yes. She is wrong, Lia and don't start thinking that you're an-" He sighed and I looked down at the ground. I knew what he was going to say.

He took my hand in his, "You're so much more than that, you know. You're sweet, kind. You always put others' needs before your own and you're as stubborn as shit," I chuckled a little and he continued on, "Whatever reason your parents left you... that's in the past. You can't let that haunt you for the rest of your life. Even now you're the strongest person I know. And that's what I love about you."

His cheeks heated up immediately when he said that, as did mine. He glanced in the opposite direction, never letting go of my hand.

I smiled. His words fell out so easily and it made me believe them. It made me believe in myself. And he was right. Why my parents abandoned me? I don't know. But I couldn't let that distant memory make me crumble.

Without thinking, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him into a much needed hug, "Thanks, Rhyd."

He wrapped his arms around my waist, "No problem."

I pulled away and sighed loudly, "It looks as though I'm gonna have to go to that... party." I cringed at the word. Maddy was clearly going to go. I mean, why wouldn't she? She was suddenly Miss Popular and she couldn't disappoint her followers; the wolf inside of her craved the attention, a pack of her own to lead like puppets.

"We should both go. It's less risky for all of us that way." Rhydian suggested, and correctly so. Maddy could wolf out at any point and we needed to be there to stop her from doing so.

I nodded in agreement, "Yeah, you're right."

We both sat in silence for a few moments, both of us thinking over every possibility of danger that could happen that night.

The blonde boy cleared his throat, "We could um... we could go together, if you'd like?"

I looked at him, surprised by his offer but also impossibly flattered. My cheeks heated up, "Yeah, sure. I'd love to."

I heard his heart skip a beat and I didn't even try to hide the smirk that tugged on the corner of my lips. He cleared his throat again, "Right. Okay, I'll um... I'll see you later then. Are you alright getting home? Do you want me to walk you?"