𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

.・。.・゜✭・.

・゜✭・

.・。.・゜✭・.

I COULDN'T take it anymore.

The more the sky darkened into a deep blue, the more stars that were beginning to appear, the more my wolf was itching to come out.

I slumped back on the leather sofa beside Maddy and tapped my boots repeatedly on the cold stone floor beneath.

"The Ghost Dog of Lindisfarne," Our headteacher began. I sighed loudly and sat up, my nails scratching the worn leather on the armrest. The short-haired woman turned on the torch and rose it beneath her chin for a dramatic effect, "Only last year, a young couple wandering near Lindisfarne Castle came across the entrance to the abandoned lime kilns..."

I could hear the grandfather clock ticking behind me. It struck eight o'clock. I glanced at Maddy and Rhydian, both of them shared my expression. We had half an hour.

"They heard a strange growling," the headteacher droned on, "Thinking it was a dog that had gotten trapped in one of the tunnels, foolishly, went inside to investigate..."

I leant back and looked up at the ceiling. Inside, I was bursting with energy. I wanted to run laps and laps around the castle but instead the three of us were being tortured by sitting in a cold room listening to ghost stories.

"Their friends went to search for them, but all they found were their mobile phones. The couple had disappeared. On one of them, there was a recording. A terrible snarling and growling and screams. As if the couple had been attacked by a monster. Officially, the case remains unsolved. But, unofficially, they blame the white dog of Lindisfarne..."

I smirked to myself as I glanced around the room of terrified students. Even Jimi was trembling.

"Alright!" The headteacher exclaimed.

I breathed out a sigh of relief, "Oh, thank goodness for that." I muttered. The story was boring me out of my mind and it seemed to have gone on forever.

☾︎

I made my way back to my room as quickly as possible. I opened the door to find the dorm empty. I ran to the bathroom, pushed the door closed and slammed my hands onto the sink, gripping the edges tightly.

I was sweating. My veins were beginning to blacken and my skin seemed to burn. I shook my head and splashed cold water on my face, attempting to cool myself down. Only a moment ago I was freezing, and now I felt like I was going on a vacation to the sun.

I patted my face dry but my skin still felt as if it were on fire. I sighed and slumped against the tiled wall. I looked at my watch.