Back to Patiala!

Part - 54

Mini was smiling continuously.

Mini: Tumhe yaad hai, I once told you that he asked me out? Tab toh bahot cool ban rahe the tum! Kya kaha tha tumne? (Mimicks him) Tum kyun itna soch rahi ho? It's okay. Usne tumse pucha, you refused and he accepted it. So everything is fine. Ab kya hua?

Neil: Tab main mila nahi na tha usse!

Mini: Par tum mujhse kyun naraz ho rahe the? What can I do if he likes me? Ab aise ladke toh mere aage peeche ghumte hi rahete hain, Neil Oberoi! Waise kisi ne mujhse kaha bhi tha ki mere chahne walo ki list bahot lambi hai.

He slowly smiled and they both shared a good laugh together.

2 days later...

Neil was packing his stuff when Mini came there.

Mini: Yeh kya kar rahe ho?

Neil turned towards her.

Neil: Tum bhool gayi naa?

Mini: Kya?

Neil: Kal ki flight hai meri. Back to Patiala!

And the reality hit her hard.

Mini: Oh! Haan...main...main bhool gayi. Ek hafta pata hi nahi chala.

He smiled and started packing again. She just stood there looking at him blankly. She recalled the day he came there, specially for her birthday and how he made her special day even more special for her by his mere presence. She remembered the way he supported her when she wanted to talk to her father. Her eyes became moist but her lips smiled. She went near him and hugged him from back. He smiled and kept his hands on her hands which were covering his chest. He slowly turned towards her.

Neil: Yeh kis liye?

Mini: Bas yun hi.

Tears started flowing from her eyes but she still had the same smile on her face. He wiped her tears.

Neil: Aur yeh jo aansu hain, yeh tumhari family problem hai?

Mini: (chuckled) Haan. Babes ka asar hai.

They smiled at each other. Later in the evening, Mini was sitting near the window in her room with the family portrait that Arya had made for her. Neil entered the room. The room was dim with only a side table's lamp that was on. He went towards her and kept his hand on her shoulder, breaking her chain of thoughts.

Mini: Neil tum?

Neil: So this is your favourite place of the house?

Mini: Haan, keh sakte ho. Par meri favourite jagah ghar ki balcony hai. I miss that place.

Neil just smiled. His gaze fell on the portrait which she was holding.

Neil: Yeh toh wohi sketch hai naa jo Arya ne banaya tha? Isko frame kab kia tumne?

Mini: Yahan aane se pehle😊

Meetha Ishq: An Untold Story of Two Souls | MiNeil | Patiala Babes | SouNoor जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें