Life is a square!

Part - 87

Bobby was taken into the ward. He gave the blood and the doctors started preparing for the operation. Preet and Mickey came there. The moment Mini saw them approaching towards her, she walked half way towards them and hugged Preet while shedding heavy tears. Preet was too crying seeing her strongest friend in the weakest condition. She was trying to calm her down but Mini didn't stop crying her heart out. Preet broke the hug and cupped her face.

Preet: Mini, sab theek hoga. Tu tension mat le. Hum sab hain yahin. Par kaise ho gaya yeh sab?

Mickey: Mini, theek ho jayega Neil. Sambhal khud ko. Tu hi himmat haar jayegi toh kaise chalega yaar?

Mini: Kahan se laau himmat? Mujhe jisse himmat milti hai woh toh khud hi...

Preet: Mini, tune bataya kyun nahi yaar?

Mini: Kya batati main, Preet Kaure? Kya kehti? Main abhi tak khud hi samajh nahi paa rahi hoon ki yeh kya ho raha hai mere sath. Kyun ho raha hai? Har baar aisa hi hota hai. I...I feel my...my life is like a square. Ek point par khushi milti hai, thodi der ke liye sath hoti hai phir agle hi point par sab chhin jata hai. And then...back to square!

Mickey: Mini, shayad tu yeh baat abhi naa samajh paye par hum sabki life ek square hi hai yaar. Har point par alag alag colours milte hain. Aaj agar koi dull colour mil gaya toh kal bright colours bhi aayenge. Life hai, it keeps on moving. Sab theek ho jayega yaar.

Mickey streched his arm and she hugged him. The nurse came with a consent form and handed it over to Mini.

Mini: Y..yeh kya hai?

Nurse: Aapko doctor ne bataya tha naa ki yeh form fill karna hoga.

Mini: Haan par yeh kisliye?

Nurse: Operation ke doraan agar patient kuch ho jata hai toh hospital ya doctors responsible nahi honge.

Mini: Kuch... matlab kya?

The nurse didn't reply. She understood her condition through her facial expression and the way she spoke which only reflected fear of losing a loved one. Mini took a pen to sign the papers. Her hands started shivering. A tear drop fell on the form. However, she gained a little courage and was about to sign when she saw a wrinkled hand from behind holding her hand and taking the pen from her. She turned to see Dadu and Biji.

Mini: Dadu...

Dadu wiped her tears. She hugged Dadu and Biji together. He patted her back, giving her support and comfort she needed the most at that moment. They broke the hug.

Dadu: Tu fikr mat kar Mini. Woh theek hoga. Usey theek hona hoga. Aise kaise uss lambu ko kuch ho jayega.

Mini chuckled slightly but her eyes still had tears.

Biji: Vaada kiya tha naa usne tujhse? Aur itna toh tu janti hi hai usey ki woh tujhse kiye huye vaade se kabhi peeche nahi hatega. Naa meri bachhi, rona nahi. (She lovingly moved her hand over her head) Theek hoga sab. Achha achha soch. Hmm?

Mini nodded her head. The nurse came again and interrupted them.

Nurse: Aapne papers sign nahi kiye abhi tak? Please jaldi kijiye. Operation start karna hai.

Dadu stepped forward and took the papers.

Mini: Dadu..a..aap yeh..

Dadu: Main karunga sign!

Mini: Par Dadu...

Dadu: Mujhe pata hai beta, tu nahi kar payegi. Aur Neil koi paraya thodi hai. Jaise humare liye tu hai, waise woh bhi hai.

Meetha Ishq: An Untold Story of Two Souls | MiNeil | Patiala Babes | SouNoor जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें