Four

"Quello velenoso è arrivato," said a short man in an ever so tight tuxedo and a bright white grin. "Il tuo italiano è ancora una merda" replied the man beside him "don't let the real viper hear you say that, we both know his venom is more lethal than yours".The small group burst into laughter. Catherine watched the party from the top of the staircase as the guests mingled with each other she took note of the security and other staff. She only recognised a few people in the room most of which were either chief detectives or ministers of defence and justice from various countries.

'What is he planning on doing? Why gather all his minions in this place?' she thought. She had spent five hours in a car to get to the venue. Her driver was heavily armed and probably more trained than she was. She memorized the route from the viper's residence to the party venue. The only trouble was, they never used the public roads. Her driver had used secluded roads that cut through forests. Her only landmarks were oddly shaped trees and rocks.

'This is my chance, I have to try.' She made her way to the women's bathroom. Tipsy women clapped hands and fixed each other's makeup. As soon as the group of women left Catherine washed her hands, mentally preparing herself for what she was about to do. "Don't, not tonight, you won't make it out alive." said a voice behind her. Catherine turned and grabbed the basin. She composed herself and asked, "what are you talking about?" The woman was in her late twenties about the same age as her. Catherine slowly eyed her she was a bit muscular than she was and had even-toned olive skin.

"The name is Catherine, Catherine Spice," she said extending her hand. "Rosalynn Santayana, Lynn for short" she replied, shaking Catherine's hand. 'an ally or friend?'

"Have we met before or have you been keeping tabs on me?" asked Cathy. Rosalynn smiled and locked the bathroom door. I heard about you, you are now like me. Don't worry he won't kill you, but trying to escape tonight is just foolish. You are being too hasty."

Catherine locked eyes with her for a few moments. "trapped?" she finally asked. Lynn nodded. "who?" asked Cathy again. " The snake's little egg, Dimitri, let's go down I'll introduce you, I look forward to working with you Cathy," she said.

"how long have you been toyed with," asked Cathy. "two years, but I am not a toy, I am undercover just like you. This is my landline call me only at dusk or dawn," said Lynn handing her a card. 'She thinks I am undercover she must be with the force' thought Cathy. She spent the rest of the evening laughing at ridiculous jokes and avoiding creepy old men. Her patience was wearing thin and fast.

*clank clank clank* The sound caught the attention of all the guests at the dinner table. A man in a black paisley tuxedo lowered his glass and spoon. " Thank you all for attending this dinner party," he began, " the boss called you here tonight because he has an important announcement he wants you to be aware of."

Catherine felt the air in the room grow thinner. Grown men sat on the edge of their seats. "As of today, there is a new chain of command." the man continued. He gestured toward Catherine. " Miss Hunt is now second in command of our community, as secretary to the boss. Let's all work well together from today onwards." He applauded and the rest of the guests mimicked reluctantly. 'me? He isn't here , she looked around the dining hall. "signorina Hunt, congratulazioni. O dovrei chiamarti capo?" said Lynn . " Non c'è ancora bisogno di simili formalità," replied Catherine causing everyone to laugh stiffly. "What the fuck just happened?"

*swoosh* *cling clank bang!* He violently pushed everything off his table. "What do you mean you have no leads!" he yelled. " You work for the bloody secret Service, not some back street fucking detective agency! How can you have no leads at all?" He raised his voice even more. His veins bulging and his face was a deep shade of red. "Chief, he is here," said Peter's secretary. " Let him in and you " he pointed to the agent in front of him, " out of my office now!"

Biggie timidly entered the office. "Timothy, Catherine all the details now!" demanded Peter. " I haven't heard from her since she got laid off "

" Do not!" Peter slammed his hands against his Mahagonny table. " Timothy do not fuck with me! There is no way she would have gone to that auction without you!" Biggie dropped to his knees and cried " I haven't heard from her or seen her since the auction. I tried searching for her but she has fallen off the grid". Peter paced the floor for a while before pushing himself onto his leather chair and erupting into tears. Biggie rushed to his side. "chief," sobbed biggie, " chief, we will find her, she is stronger than you think chief". " I should have never pushed her so far " cried, Peter.

Catherine kicked off her shoes and made her way into the main bedroom. Viper didn't seem fazed when she stormed into his room. He was fresh out of the shower with only a towel around his waist. " Sei una volpe furba!" she yelled. *smack!* She slapped him with all the energy she could put into her right arm but he remained sturdy. " welcome home princess," he smirked, " you might want to calm down, or at least let me get dressed first, principessa." Catherine moved closer grabbing by the neck. A sense of complete power coursed through her body. She slowly tightened her grip. " non l'ho mai chiesto! You make me sick!"

He used only one of his hands to squeeze both of hers and loosen her grip on him. She felt him put pressure onto his left foot as he took a step forward. Catherine used his power to try and flip him over but she was a few seconds slower and he was a few pounds heavier than she estimated. He used his left hand to squeeze both her writs together and his free hand to carry her by her knees and tossed her onto his bed. " maledetto!" she said grinding her teeth together. " Now this is the Nesta I know" he growled. He hovered over making sure his thighs pinned her legs in place he, extended her arms over her head, and leaned so close to her she could feel his breath on her neck. She furrowed her eyebrows, his eyes they were different, they were ash grey and pure unlike when she first met him or at breakfast. 'Do his eyes change with emotion?' His shoulders seemed broader with him hovering over her.

" 5 years. I waited five years for you Nesta," he whispered in a low tone. " The sound of his voice made her feel powerless again. Waves of electricity replaced the sensation of power she felt moments earlier. "It's been hard, having to fight my craving for you for so many years" he whispered again lowering his body but still maintaining the tiny gap between them. Cathy turned her head away from him. She felt her toes curl up and her back arch slightly for a few seconds. She bit her lip trying to regain control over her body. "Do you know how worried i was?" he almost whimpered.

He paused like he was hesitating then cleared his throat and moved off off the bed. She gritted her teeth hating the way she felt. She moved faster this time she barely grabbed his forearm and shove him into the side of his bedpost. He smirked and restrained her arms once more. This time using his free hand to place her around his waist before lowering her onto the dresser. Cathy's eyes widened. He was too close to kick and she couldn't use her arms. " You've become so difficult love," he leaned closer. She jerked her head away hitting herself against the wall. He giggled at her reaction. "Nes, I wouldn't do anything until i have your consent, you should know this already," he placed a quick plaful kiss on her cheek before letting her go and moving as far away as he could.

Fuming, Catherine rubbed her sore wrists and jumped doff thhe counter. "you've done a lot without my consent already" she spat. "Woah woah woah," he grabbed the nearest bedsheet and covered his chest dramatically as she moved closer ready to try and land one more blow on him. " Nes, slow down, im not ready " he faked a blush and played with the edges of he sheet like a shy teenage girl. 'tsk' Cathy could not believe her eyes. The sight brought her to a halt. 'This is who the secret service is terrified of? This idiot?' Exhausted, Catherine threw her hands in the air and walked out of the room.His eyes were different, they were not the same eyes she had seen at the auction or around the mansion. He was different.

"oh we start work at eight-thirty tomorrow be ready by then!" he yelled. She turned giving him a stern annoyed look. He looked away shyly and continued his nonsense of fake blushing. 'I'll lose it if i dont find a way out soon'