Seven

"I am afraid you'll have to arrange for another visit, Nesta isn't feeling well I am-"

"All the more reason she should be with me if she continues to be ill around you, it's a sign she is not ready for this place yet," argued Mrs Casterbridge.

She took a bold step toward Alessandro. She was close enough to feel his breath against her face when she continued. "My driver will remain here till she wakes up and will accompany her back to my place in one of your cars". 'Yes, you do that. Anywhere is better than here.' Thought Nesta still trying her best to remain still on the plush king-sized bed. She had regained consciousness a while ago but now was not the right time to get up. If she were to get up now, she would be forced to choose between them.

"Xael, pack her bags and load them in the car. Be sure to pack all her essentials after all who knows how long she will be gone?" Xael hesitantly bowed and nervously walked away. He wanted to take his master's side but he knew how much power Mrs Casterbridge had over Alessandro and his entire business. As he walked out of the room he could see how furious his master was. His jaws clenched, his fists folded and tucked super close to his sides. As much as he wanted to retaliate, the respect and fear Alessandro had for the woman in front of him were far greater than his anger. "I need her back by tomorrow," he said, "please". "No" answered Mrs Casterbridge sternly.

'Why are they taking so long? just do what the hag says and get the fuck outta here. Gosh, I really need to pee' thought Nesta.

As the rest of the staff slowly left the main bedroom Mrs Casterbridge leaned closer and whispered, " we are running out of time dear, she needs to be awakened. Fast!"

Sensing Xael had returned to pack more of her bags. Nesta woke up, making sure to look as miserable and sickly as she could. Acting had become one of her many talents. From flirting her way into presidential suites to being a poor mother of three Nesta had lived under several identities and made sure she perfected the play. She propped herself up to face the walk-in closet where Xael was holding up one of her thongs, examining it as if wondering how to fold it. " you can keep it, it would look better on your figure" she teased in a coarse voice. He dropped it and wiped his hands on his uniform and rushed to her side. "Madam! I think it would be rather too small for me but, thank you for the offer," he said.

Nesta raised her brow. Xael knelt down beside her and checked her pulse. "what are you doing with my clothing?" she asked.

"Mrs Casterbridge has instructed that you stay with her till you have made a full recovery. Master has approved." Pssh approved? She sighed lazily "help me prepare, we don't want to keep madam waiting". This time Nesta was transported to the Casterbridge residence via a different route. When she left she made sure to avoid any interaction with Aurielle, she was not in the mood for her waterworks. From her last visit, Nesta knew the Casterbridge household was secure but, there were a few loopholes in their security system. She had not seen the entire residence during her last visit but, she had explored enough to create a mental escape route.' fuck' she thought, ' i can't leave, not now after all I wanted to find the Viper so I can get my job back I can't give up now. Not now'

The car came to halt at a different entrance to the mansion. "Nesta dear, here hold onto me", said Mrs Casterbridge as Nesta climbed out of the car. "I am better now, I can manage," she replied. The woman looked at her sternly and continued to help her up the stairs and into the house. The living room was furnished with classic Polish items. The warm colours of the curtains and furniture reminded Nesta of Biggie's foster home. "Signora, it's good to see you again though I wish it was under different circumstances," said the fat man.
Dimitri, Nesta had met him a few weeks ago at the dinner party the Viper hosted. 'Why if it isn't my favourite asslicker' she thought. " it's nice to see you again Signor, signora" she said. From what Lynn had told her Dimitri had been Alessandro's lapdog since he made his debut in the world of shadows. He would do anything to make sure he is always on Alessandro's good side. " I could barely sleep my sweetpea was so worried when she heard you were ill she couldn't eat or drink anything for days, so I thought it would be best if you two met", said Dimitri. Mrs Casterbridge gently patted her on the back, " we will give you two some space" she said.

Lynn hugged Nesta so tight she felt her insides would make their way out of her body. " Are you okay?" Lynn asked gently cupping her face. Nesta nodded. She felt more than two pairs of eyes on them. She needed intel but first, she needed an excuse to find a more secure place. "I'm glad to see you, you shouldn't worry about me I'm recovering well." she began, "could you accompany me to the bathroom? I still feel a little weak". Knowing what Nesta wanted to do Lynn nodded and led her to the restroom. " any news?" whispered Nesta as soon as they entered the room. "none, the business has been quiet these days but, a huge shipment of art is expected to arrive two months from now," answered Lynn, " your side?"

Nesta sighed, "he is clean, his estate business is not a paper company like I suspected, it's legit although he uses a pseudonym everything about the business is legit." " he has always been careful. You have to get closer to him to gain his trust as I did with Dimitri though, Viper might be more challenging," said Lynn. She snapped her fingers and continued " Aurielle!, his daughter she is the key! Get close to her, you might get close to him." Nesta's eyes widened, as she made her way to the door, they couldn't be secluded for too long. "Daughter?" she breathed pretending to be weak again and leaning onto Lynn as they made their way back to the living room. Lynn nodded. She is his child? I thought she belonged to one of the staff. "mother?" she asked Lynn, who shook her head and responded under her breath.