Nine

" Did you arrange what I asked for?" asked Nesta, making sure to keep her eyes on Aurielle who was wandering around taking photographs of everything she saw with her polaroid. "Yes," Lynn responded, "but we don't have much time". "just take me to him" she turned. Nesta was grateful for having acquainted herself with Lynn. She was able to arrange a hotel room for the day at such short notice but, given she had taken Aurielle without her father's consent it was only a matter of time before he found them. Despite this Nesta was more concerned about what she would discover. "Welcome, I am Daniel and I hope I will be of great assistance to you today I understand you are in a hurry please, take a seat and try your best to relax". Hypnosis, wasn't something she believed in but, she was dying to know the meaning behind her dreams. Were they an omen of what is to come or worse, were they memories of who she used to be?

"take care of the kid, I'll find you when I am done" she instructed. "Alright," began Daniel. His frizzy red hair almost looked like it was on fire as he scooted in closer with his back toward the sun. "Please keep your eyes on my bracelet and follow my voice carefully." She exhaled deeply. " Only my voice can be heard, everything else is fading away." Just like that, the blue gem before her eyes slowly swirled into a deep shade of purple. " a door is opening, go in. Relax your body in 3, 2, 1." He continued. Her eyes shut before he could finish counting down. The smell of sweet confectionery and coffee filled the room. Her hair was neatly tied in a low ponytail. Someone was smiling at her brushing away the stray hairs around her face. Warm, she felt warm. She was in mini dress and pencil heels but she felt warm. "what do you see?" asked a faint voice. She burst into tears, " a mirror, my dress is pretty" she replied. "Where are you know?" the voice asked again. His face glowed, people, were cheering, some crying. The man who never took his eyes off her was blushing and almost bouncing with joy. "aisle, I'm almost at the end of the aisle"

A little child wobbled down the aisle after her. A ring box in her hand. "Aurie" she muttered. She felt a light tickle as someone hugged her from behind, his warm skin brushing against her bare back as she buttered bread in the kitchen. She turned to embrace him. He tasted like a spring morning. Like sunshine. "I am home," she said. The man who took her on long evening drives, the one who spent his evenings playing board games with her. The someone who held her when she cried and blushed when he saw her walking down the aisle.That someone was Damian. His eyes were so full of life and always seemed to sparkle around her. How could she forget that Alessandro had a twin!?

" you're starting your day, the day you lost yourself, where are you?" the voice asked. She was in her hotel room staring at her photo album. Armed men flooded her room. She screamed but it was too late they had already drugged her. She heard a deafening bang and caught a glimpse of the hotel crumbling down." Sandro" she mumbled. "you are coming back to your hotel room in 3, 2,1" Daniel snapped his fingers and she woke up. It was exactly what she feared, she was her. She was Nesta, Nesta Welsh but if she was Nesta then who was Catherine? The emotional conflict made her head spin. It was as if there were two souls in her body each one trying to convince her they were her true form. "Miss Welsh?", are you okay? Going into your past must have been overwhelming for you" he said patting her back.

Nesta remained silent and buried her face in her knees. "get your hand off her!" yelled Damian. He grabbed Daniel by the collar and punched him so hard the impact sent him toppling out of his chair. Hovering above him he kept the blows coming but, the first one had already knocked Daniel out. "Stop !" she cried trying to pull him off but he just pushed her off. "please stop please, you'll kill him!" she cried. This time she was wrapped around him and held his face so his gaze was on her. She shook her head. Panting he moved off the unconscious man and carried her and settled on the chair. Uncomfortable she moved off of him but he grabbed her by the wrist, pulling her back. "He's just a psychotherapist" she breathed. He pulled her closer, " you could've told me you know, there is nothing I wouldn't arrange for you Nes." he said. She couldn't hold back her tears, "I'm sorry, I took so long to recognise you" she bawled again. Almost instantly the anger in his eyes faded. "Don't ever go to hotels with any man unless it's me", she nodded. Grabbing her hips, he pressed her against himself. Nesta relaxed and slowly drew herself into the kiss.

"Look at your hands," She sniffled as she slowly climbed off him. Gesturing for him to follow her. She gently rolled his sleeves up and carefully rinsed his hands in the basin. He never took his eyes off her like he was examining her and admiring her at the same time. 'Who am I? Why did I react that way? No, I was being Nesta. I was not the Catherine I know myself to be.' 

Damian playfully splashed a little water on her face snapping her out of her thoughts. "He will be okay. I will have someone deal with him before we leave," he turned off the faucet. "What do you mean to deal with him? Keep him alive, Dr Daniel was only trying to help me," she began," and Lynn I pressured her to do this, please don't ..." He pulled her in a squeezed her before she could finish. "I know, and it's okay. I just couldn't stay calm it's already bad enough you were in a hotel room with a man when I saw him touch you I lost it." He pulled away to cup her face, her cheeks a shade of dark red from crying. " you look like a tomato," he giggled. It earned him a slight punch in the side and a very unpleasant pout. " ah ah ah, a very fiesty tomato huh? Woah Woah Woah, you clean up and go to Aurie I'll make sure I fix my mistake".  She side-eyed him, "You owe him an official appology you know. As soon as he wakes him we should visit him"