Chapter 23 - Alessandra

After Alejandro's men obey what they've been ordered to do, Alejandro immediately goes back to the table and looked sternly at Santiago

After Alejandro's men obey what they've been ordered to do, Alejandro immediately goes back to the table and looked sternly at Santiago. And if only look could kill, Santiago might be six feet under.

"What is the meaning of that Santiago?" He asked with hint of anger that he couldn't hide. He wants to curse but he can't do it in the presence of his daughter and Antonia.

Santiago told him to calm down, pointing to his daughter who's trembling in fear while being comforted by Isabel and Antonia who also have tears on their eyes. Alejandro realized his actions and immediately take a seat and try to cool down by closing his eyes.

Santiago cleared his throat before giving his men a signal where all the personnel of the hotel immediately rushed towards the exit, leaving them alone on that room, including Joey who couldn't move from his seat for being stunned on what's happening.

"Explain it now before I lost my sanity."

"Alright, it's started when Gabriel came to our house after he dropped our Antonia." He narrated before looking at his daughter. He continued until to the point where Joey accidentally mentioned some information about Gabriel, and he used that to search his background as he has a hunch that Gabriel is Ace Romero.

And once he's done, Antonia looked at him with sadness on her eyes.

"Papa, why you didn't tell me? I thought there's no secrets between us?" She said with pain on her voice.

"I wanted too baby, but that time I'm not so sure, and I didn't tell you because I don't want to give you hope, hope that might hurt you again like what happened before. As your father, did you know how painful to me to see his baby crying like there's no tomorrow and chose not to eat because her bestfriend died and left her? I witnessed that baby and I don't want to see it again." He said in hoarsed voice while his eyes started to form some tears. Isabel hold his hand and try to reach for Antonia too.

"I know that too Santina but we're really not so sure until few days ago we decided to just invite Alejandro here, so that he's the one that could make the final step and not us, it should be done by Alejandro itself. We did what we can do to help and I think it's Alejandro's job now to finish it, and I'm so sorry baby, I hope you could forgive us."  Isabel added with tears flowing down on her cheeks. Pain shown on their faces but what can they do? If there is love, expects some pain, right?

"Please forgive us Princess, It's not our intention to keep it secret specially from you, but we have no choice. Please baby don't hate us." Santiago came to her on his knees while cupping her wet face.

And can Antonia hate her parents?

They've only done it for her sake and it would be unreasonable on her side if she will resent her parents.

"Okay Papa, I understand. I'm just overwhelmed about what happened but I will be okay." She sniffs while resting her head on his neck. Isabel came to them too and wrapped her arms around them, making them look so beautiful as a family.