Chapter 36 - Artemis and Apollo

When the jet plane finally landed, Dominic instructed his men to guide the children towards his mansion to have some rest even for few hours, before sending them home

When the jet plane finally landed, Dominic instructed his men to guide the children towards his mansion to have some rest even for few hours, before sending them home. There are 18 kids in total excluding Apollo and Artemis who were sent to one of his guest room to have some rest as well. Upon learning that Apollo had saved Antonia, Dominic agreed with Antonia to give them a second chance, to live and have a normal life. Normal life means that they will work as a normal person, far from their old life.

Dominic on the other hand, was not just only the most dangerous assassin's leader but owner of one of the top security system company in the US. As his agreement with Antonia, he will ask if the twins wanted to work for him, if not, he will allow them to go but they should know that he has eyes on them and if by any chance that he found out that they go back to their old life, he won't hesitate to kill them.

After few hours, Dominic instructed his men to send the kids to their home and summoned the twins to his office.

Apollo and Artemis were both puzzled and nervous at the same time. Why? Because Dominic, absolutely looks so intimidating and anyone to be on his presence will cause their legs to shake like a leaf.

When they reached his office and facing his office door, Apollo urges his sister to knock but Dominic already felt them, so he says "enter" even Artemis was about to knock. The twins just shrugged it off and enter his office before greeting him.

"Please have a seat." Dominic says while pointing at the two chairs in front of his wooden desk. His mismatched eyes stared at them intently that the twins couldn't say but obeyed.

"Okay, first of all you're not in trouble so relax. Second, I summoned you here because I want to make a deal with you guys. After hearing Antonia's story about everything especially you guys, I made a deal with her that I will help you both. Meaning I'll offer you both a normal job here in my company, so any question so far?" He raised his fine eyebrow at them because they look baffled as if he's joking. The twins stared at each other for few seconds before Apollo start the talk.

"W-what if we don't want to?" Apollo asks softly, while looking at him and then to his sister.

"Good question. Well, I will allow you both to go, but I'll be on your shadows. I'm sure you knew who I am, right?" He spoke each word in deep voice causing the twins to freak out a little. Ofcourse they knew him, it's just that they never know that he is Uncle of Antonia Moretti.

"And if I found out that you go back to your old life, I will kill both of you." As he speaks his sentence with dark eyes that send shivers down their spine.

"Okay, but what kind of job can you offer to us?" This time, it's Artemis who asked.

"I owned a security system, one of the best company in the country and I need more people. Just so you know, I've done some digging about you guys, and I know that both of you are smart, so what do you say? Working on my company means starting to live like normal person." Dominic said while looking at them, the twin stared at each other again and honestly they don't have anything. They don't have money. All the money that they stole from their victims will be returned to all those families, and they don't have a house either to stay in, so for that Dominic's offer sounds very enticing for fresh start.

Dominic gave them few minutes to think about what he said and signed some documents while waiting for them.

"I think your offer sounds good and we are willing to accept it." Artemis says while her hand intertwined with her twin. Apollo nods his head as sign that he agreed with his sister.

"Alright, one of my men will show you your new home. It's free and don't worry, I will let you borrow some money from me so that you can buy whatever you need. And last but not the least, your work will start tomorrow, and I will expect you both here early in the morning. If you have any question, please ask now. If nothing both of you are free to go." The twins shook their heads. Dominic then opened his drawer and take out two white envelop containing money as he promised and handed it to the twins. He told them that someone will drive them to the mall to get their necessary items.

"Alright then, thank you for coming here and have a nice day." Dominic says with sweet smile on his lips. Doing this, his appearance became approachable and less scary opposite to what he usually showing. The twins smile back at him and thank him a lot for helping them.

When they got outside his office, both of them smile at each other because finally the normal life that they craving for have finally at their hands.

And all of this came true because of Antonia Moretti.