Chapter 25 - chance

"G-Gabby? What are you doing there?" Antonia asked as her hazel eyes stared at me in bewilderment when she realized that I'm the one who's tapping her glass window

"Open your window." I said in hushed tone. She quickly unhooked the lock as I carefully get myself inside her room.

I know that I can pass through the main door but I don't want her parents to see me now because I know Alejandro would call them after my successful getaway from his driver.

🌹One hour ago🌹

"Thank you." I told him casually before informing him that he can leave.

"I'm sorry sir, but your father strictly told me to stay with you or else my head will no longer be with me." He replied with an edgy tone, that even his face tried to hide his fear, his eyes would never and I sigh because I think Alejandro would never betray his words. So without a word, I turned my back and walked away towards my room to do what I need to do.

And Yes, I decided to open the vault and took everything out from it. And my heart shattered into tiny pieces when I found few family pictures that resembled the picture that Alejandro have shown me before.

Why did my father have these? Not only that, there are some Spanish newspaper clippings of car accident about Amelia and Ace Romero's death.

My heartbeat never go back to its normal rate when I saw a letter that addressed to me. My mind is twisting as my stomach is churning while I'm reading it and when I'm done, the tremendous questions that occupied my brain before, were quite answered but why do I feel so empty?

Why my heart felt so heavy that if I go to see my Dad now, I might break down and I shudder to think of what will happen to him when I tell him that I opened the vault because Alejandro has claimed me as his son.

That's why I decided to come to here, to be with her for my sanity.

"I'm sorryToni, I just.... want somebody to be with me now, ... but if... you're busy I will go." I said while scanning her body covered with cute pajama short and shirt that has picture of a bear without bottoms. Her killer legs are in display and glistening under my lashes that made me forget my problem for a while.

"No Gabby, it's alright, are you alright?" She asked and walked towards me and look at my eyes. I know that she's confused and wondering what I'm doing here all of the sudden, but she should know that she's what I needed right now.

"Yes, and I'm sorry if I left early yesterday. Everything was unexpected." I said as my eyes never leave hers.

"I'm not expected it as well, but why you looked like this? Come here." She said and guide me to her couch not far from where we stood. After I took a seat, she grabbed my right hand and stared at my eyes again, begging me to tell her what's troubling on my mind.