| PROLOGUE |

The orange tint from the skyline above looked down at the dullness of his kingdom, the kingdom of Ikosta where the God of Death ruled over the gray clouds, dead leaves and an abyss of humdrum that circled around the castle where he called home

Beomgyu's footsteps alone at the courtyard filled the afternoon of an ocean. The black mantle he wore with a single silver leaf pin keeping it on him hovered over his chest, his eyes covered by his black some say a wolf cut hair and his hands tucked inside the soft texture of his pants pockets.

He was in the middle of walking towards the library of his castle until he heard his one and only helper call out his name. Beomgyu stopped walking, resulting the fabric of his mantle to hug his tall legs from behind, he looked over his shoulder to see the young boy named Shun standing not so far from him.

He was wearing a black prince coat that's been assigned for him ever since he set foot into the Kingdom of Ikosta, his black hair styled into a pixie cut.

"What is it Shun?" Beomgyu asked, fixing himself to face the mortal teen boy who seemed to be holding a piece of paper.

"My Lord, you've been invited to a birthday party" He thinks his humor is broken because a smile almost forms in his lips, The God of Death never gets invited over such a childish thing, is his cold demeanor not enough to keep outsiders out on reaching him?

"From?" His deep voice almost sends Shun flying to open the letter immediately, his flappy hands rushing to flip the letter to see where it came from.

"From the Kingdom of Ethouvaria, my Lord"

"Ethouvaria?" Beomgyu asks himself, knowing the place from his parents' little lessons he learned when he was a kid, they would host a mini school inside his room to let him memorize all of the Kingdom names along with their Gods and Goddesses.

What could the Kingdom of Ethouvaria want for him to attend a birthday party?

The place is known for having a happy and welcoming community along with their loud music from every village, surely it is proven to be handled by the Goddess of Life.

"Throw it away. I have no business to attend" He ordered, licking his lips as he began to take steps down the end of the courtyard.

"But it needs your presence my Lord! It says that you being the first of the Big Five Gods, your attendance is a must" Shun pressed, lifting his hand up where the letter is resting between his fingers.
"Lord Yeonjun and the other's names are already down here at the letter, only you need to sign it" He finishes.

In one swift motion of his hand when Beomgyu lifted a finger, the letter embedded his name from ashes along with his role in the circle of life.

Beomgyu
❧ God of Death

Yeonjun
❧ God of Air

Soobin
❧ God of Land

Hueningkai
❧ God of Water

Taehyun
❧ God of Minds

"I will send this back my Lord, thank you for your time-" Shun stopped himself from talking when Beomgyu was already nowhere insight, only leaving a puff of black smoke as a teleportation proof that he's already gone.

Across the murky parts of the forest, the long waterfalls that distributed a beat to the singing birds. Beomgyu appeared himself to rest on top of a big branch from the banyan tree where he usually sits. Leaning his head back with closed eyes, Beomgyu heard different kinds of living animals around him. Opening the thick hard covered book that he's currently reading as he allows himself to get sucked in the other words inside the pages.

"I'm here! I'm here okay!" He snapped the book close after hearing a blissful voice of a girl not so close and also far from him.

Looking through the hair that hovers over his eyes, Beomgyu suddenly felt his world stop. Not from your usual love and first sight but from an uninterested feeling along with annoyance that his time to read got interrupted.

This story was originally published in the year 2019-2020! Re-writing the whole story but don't worry the plot and the story line will still be the same if you've read the original version way back then! But please don't spoil it in the comments s...

This story was originally published in the year 2019-2020! Re-writing the whole story but don't worry the plot and the story line will still be the same if you've read the original version way back then! But please don't spoil it in the comments so that new readers will get to enjoy it with you!