| 14 |

His words carefully whispered to you through the dark as you let out a quiet sob

His words carefully whispered to you through the dark as you let out a quiet sob. His eyes moved to look at your cheek, nose, and lastly on your lips. He saw how they quivered and how your teeth were clashing together due to fear. You were shaking.

Beomgyu turned his head to the side when he heard pairs of footsteps coming closer to where the two of you are and there was also an orange tint coming from a single candle lighting up the way.

Carefully, he opened the door to your bedroom behind you, grabbing your elbows with a light touch, he pushed you inside by using your back to open the double doors. Your breath got caught in your throat from the action but you didn't say anything because your mind finally deciphered that he was here.

After days of being gone, he was finally here.

"Y/n" There was a tone of warning in his voice when he noticed that you were avoiding his gaze.

"What?" You finally asked, looking up to catch his eyes. They were now filled with nothing but worry towards you.

"Who did this to you?" Beomgyu asked again with his touch never leaving your elbows for him to shake you gently.

Swallowing down the lump in your throat, you don't know if you should answer his question knowing what he is capable of.

You could only close your eyes when you felt his palm meeting your cheek, cupping it as his thumb brushed your skin.

"W-Where were you?" Your voice shook in memories of his sudden disappearance haunting you for the past couple of days.

"I had to do something"

Nodding your head, you closed your eyes and bit down your lip before breaking away from his touch.

"You can leave" You whispered.

You saw how his eyes fell by the moment you turned around to let your back face him. With light steps, you walked to the other side of the room with a hand reaching your nose, lightly touching it to only wince in response when you met the red liquid called your blood.

"Not until you tell me who did this!"

You remained still with your heart hammering your chest, knocking in hopes that your brain could respond to his words. There it is again, the word "hope" reflecting your eyes.

You hoped that he loves you back.

You hoped that he knows what he was doing at this very moment.