| 18 |

Running a hand through your hair, you quickly walked down the stairs to meet Hueningkai and the others from below

Running a hand through your hair, you quickly walked down the stairs to meet Hueningkai and the others from below. Their concerned gazes were fixated on you, but you didn't bother to focus on them for your attention was drawn to the door where Beomgyu walked out off. You suddenly couldn't breathe properly from all of the commotions, their questions, and surprised noises from Haru's proposal and the fact that you agreed.

"W-Where's Beomgyu?" You stumbled upon your own words when you locked eyes with Hueningkai, his gentle gaze was looking at you with worry.

"I don't know, Rai followed him when he left"

And just by that, all of you turned your heads to the sound of the door opening. Rai came walking in with her head held high, face not showing any hint of emotion as she continued to walk closer to all of you.

"Where is he?" Taehyun was the first to ask, stepping a little closer to the Goddess of Lightning. Desperate to hear where his friend is.

Rai took a deep breath before opening her mouth to say her response, her tone firm as it was filled with a little sarcasm.

"He told me not to follow him or else I'll die" She finished, crossing her arms over her chest as she waited for their response.

A moment of silence filled the air between all of you, lost in a trance called reality as this far from it. Hugging yourself, you felt your knees getting weak at any moment, desperate to see him, to talk to him, and to make him understand why you said the word 'yes' to the man who you don't even love.

You wanted Beomgyu back.

You wanted to hear his voice close to your ears, to see his different-colored eyes that didn't strike any fear within you for you only found nothing but beauty within those pair of treasures.

Your heart longed to beat for him one last time before the last thump of it will be given to another man.
___
The next day, you felt nothing different within your body as this was your first day to being the Goddess of Life fully. You still managed to sleep for short hours which surprised you, but you knew deeply that your powers doubled when you took a look in the mirror.

Your irises would glow from time to time along with the way your chest would ache as it attempts to stop your heart from beating, taking steps to become immortal.

"Y/n, darling! Come and sit beside Haru!" You heard your mother say from her distance when she saw you enter the dining room. All of them are now seated around the long table that was filled with food to fill their stomachs as this was the first meal of the day, breakfast was served in a matter of time with care.

From the moment you took the empty seat beside Haru, you had your head hung low. Feeling the boulders in your shoulders when you sat down. Everything was suffocating you, being in here with all of them, masking everything as if all of it was fine but deep down you know that under the image of this Goddess of Life was just a girl longing for her true love. Longing to even have her own life.