| 13 |

As if it was that easy, you did try to forget about what happened last night

As if it was that easy, you did try to forget about what happened last night. You tried so hard, but if you happen to be in the same room as him, you'd just remember the way your tears ripped your heart, your choked sobs reaching his ears, and your heart dancing all alone. And now a day has gone by but the wound was still there.

Masking your emotions with a sigh, you walked out of your bedroom, closing the door behind you, and as fate puts it, he too was leaving his room.

Beomgyu stood there on the other side of the hall, his eyes halting when he caught a glimpse of you. A moment of silence found its way between the two of you and realizing that there was no point in staying, you turned your head to drift your attention somewhere else before walking away.

And from the corner of your eyes, you noticed how his jaw clenched before taking the path to walk on the other side of the hallway with his back facing you.

You wanted to cry.
You wanted to run.

Crying and running is what you're doing right now. The fresh tears rode to your temples due to the wind hitting your face from running. The sound of your fast footsteps echoed through the empty way with your mind in a jumble.

Maybe if you haven't said those specific words your heart came up for you to say maybe you'd be with him. You'll get to hear his voice ringing like music to your ears, and maybe he'll start reading you a new story from sappy romance novels that he despises so much, and yet he still chooses to read one for you.

Everything existed like a dream for you, a dream where you tried so hard to remember the feeling. Remember. Now that's what you'll be doing. You'll try to remember him being with you even if he created a path for you to follow and walk through from the times you spent together, and yet he chose a different end. Leaving you alone and familiar with his ghost haunting your dreams to remember him where he already chose to forget you.
____
"So, do you get it?" Hueningkai dragged you back to your senses with a snap of his finger. He wore a concerned look, his eyebrows were pinched together and his deep blue hair was moving elegantly from the breeze.

He must've noticed that your focus was unreachable for the past couple of hours. He was explaining the rules and the mechanics of this game that he said all gods from different parts of the world played.

Javelin throwing. Though, this one was different.

"Yes..." You managed to give him a response in which he only nodded his head in answer.

"Really? Explain it from your understanding then" He challenged you, taking a few steps back with his arms crossed above his chest.