| 20 |

Deep in the night when darkness took over the whole world, an orange tint coming from the fire flames painted their skin with the sounds of metal clanking and blacksmiths forging joining them

"Why are you still doing this?" The girl asked, her eyes searching for answers to the boy beside her whose attention was drawn to the glowing heat that came from the metal.

"I'm doing this because I need to" He answered.

Sighing, the girl ran a hand through her hair, kissing her teeth in frustration from his hard-headedness. A glint of determination was however reflecting those pairs of eyes. The determination to make this fall right in his hands. To make everything follow the path he's been creating ever since that day.

"Do they know about this?"

"No."

She could only watch from her distance as he talked to the blacksmith who nodded its head from time to time in exchange for his words. But then, a red glow suddenly formed in his palm, jaw clenched, she froze on her spot as she watched.

The boy moved his hand, hovering over the arrow and as he was about to touch the sharp tip of it, he looked up, engaging eye contact with her. He saw how her eyes remained the same, it was filled with disapproval but she couldn't do anything.

She watched as he touched the arrow, the red glow taking over the single piece as it rests. Shaking her head, she grabbed the ends of her dress and walked out of the room, the sound of her footsteps getting further and further away, down the corridor as her shadow moved behind her steps.

Your mind was high in the clouds from the moment one of the maids called your presence to be needed at one of the conference rooms in the palace. From the moment you entered, both of your parents were there and also Haru's. Rai was nowhere in sight and so was the other five.

The silence was still. It was unmoving with the only sound of your dress shuffling and footsteps clicking the marbled floors that met their ears, but upon seeing you, smiles quickly took over their faces.

You quietly took a seat at the very end of the table where no one could sit beside you.

"I was called?" You started as you looked at your parents with a blank canvas that resembled your emotions.

You didn't even know what to feel anymore. You don't know what it's like to feel something anymore.

Your eyes were heavy as they set on your father's face, there was a slight frown on his lips. While your mother heavily took your hand that was on top of the table before giving it a tight squeeze.

"Ah yes, we are here to discuss the upcoming ties of both kingdoms, the marriage will go over the expectations of all, and with the God of Love being the one to be wedded, this marriage will go in the fairytales"