| 07 |

If I would have known that you wanted meThe way I wanted youThen maybe we wouldn't be two worlds apart

The way I wanted you
Then maybe we wouldn't be two worlds apart

The night slowly took the remaining light from the clock when you stepped out of your bedroom, looking both left and right from the hallways to see if someone was walking by. Grabbing the ends of your long gown as they swiftly touched the marbled floors of the castle grounds, you tried your best to not make as much noise as possible but the way your heels were hitting the ground told you something else.

After the joyous birthday present that came from the five, all of you were quickly dismissed by Beomgyu who walked off on his own after setting his horse back on its stable. And you haven't seen him since.

"Why are you walking around the hallway in the middle of the night like you're on to something?"

"Ahh! Who? Wha?!-" Your words stumbled next to each other after turning around just to see Hueningkai standing there.

Both of his eyebrows were pinched together after seeing you look so stiff with how your crooked smile met his eyes.

"I'm... off to go to the kitchen" You started, biting down your lip after noticing the way he raised an eyebrow at you.

"Are you hungry?" He continued to ask.

You just want to eat your ice cream!

"No, I need to go" You quickly dashed down the hallway that was filled with nothing but stillness not long until Hueningkai came running to catch up to you.

"Is this about the ice cream?" He laughed as his loud laughter bounced the curved ceilings.

"How did you know?" You asked, looking over your shoulder to mirror his raised eyebrow.

The God of Water just shrugged his shoulders as an answer but he stopped once the two of you reached a specific wooden door where there was a line of light coming through from the small gap. The sound of pans, cold water running through the faucet, and the sound of fire crackling from the wood were audible for you to hear clearly.

"Let's get that ice cream" You announced with both of your hands forming down into closed fists of determination.

After finally getting a bowl filled with cold and sweet vanilla ice cream, you and Hueningkai started heading back to your rooms under comfortable silence.

"I thought you didn't like the flavor vanilla? You said that it was too plain and blank" You brought up a very old conversation that the two of you had years ago where he used to visit you now and then.

"I grew to like it because of you" Hueningkai smiled.

"The hint of creaminess and sweetness all mixing up to form this delicious dessert..." You sighed with a small smile of happiness showing on your lips from all of the good things that had happened today. The book finishing visit to the library and the breathtaking trip to the beach and now ending the day with a bowl of sweetness.